Singletary-Interesting Coaching Methods *Merge*

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
When a coach is to harsh on the players they talk negative things,
when Wade is soft on the players they talk negative things.
That's why I think Wade should not be fired, this team is just struggling and its nothing but the players fault. I dont see anyone talking about firing the 3-4 Tony Dungy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like Singletary but only one thing bothers me about the whole Vernon Davis incident.

There was on play in that game where the SF QB threw an INt. The ONLY player that chased that Defensive player into the endzone was... guess who.... Vernon Davis - he turned the jets on - it was an all out hustle play if I have ever seen one.

I am pretty sure it was Vernon - I don't understand how you can call him out so brutally after the effort he made on that play.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I wonder what he would have done to imply that they were playing like crap.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard a report that this story is getting *way* overblown. Apparently he just assed the team a few questions about their play in the first half and then asked for a breath mint.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
bbgun;2385616 said:
I wonder what he would have done to imply that they were playing like crap.

:laugh2:

Or if he had wanted to show how pissed he was.

Champsheart

Reaction score
For the Niners sake I sure hope Singeltary never tires to tell them to grow a pair.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I hoped for Singletary as HC when Jerry interviewed him, i.e. take a chance on him, but boy, am I glad he is not here.

Sorry, Old school or not, that is just not a Coach like. I don't think that crap will work. We shall see I guess.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The 49ers went from suits on the sidelines to dropping pants in a locker room.

I like where this is going! SUPWERBOAL

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I actually liked this guy but I think his methods are totally ridiculous.

It is only a matter of time before those Grown Men turn on him and it will be full mutiny.

Mike Singletary's job as coach of that team is just to make sure everyone is playing hard and let them know that they are playing for their positions next season because all of them are up for grabs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2386081 said:

It is only a matter of time before those Grown Men turn on him and it will be full mutiny.

Mike Singletary's job as coach of that team is just to make sure everyone is playing hard and let them know that they are playing for their positions next season because all of them are up for grabs.

not all of them Frank Gore is the man!!!!!!!!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Gosh, I sure hope Reality doesn't read this before our next Moderator's meeting. ;)

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2386081 said:

I agree. There's a fine line between intensity and insanity. On the field that line is often blurred, but when you're a coach crazy stunts like this only make players respect you less. Like you said, the players are grown men and they have to be treated that way if they are going expected to respect the coach.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Many will ask to be traded but the ones that stick around will be solid. He may be over the top for most but the vets are down...

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
If you guys think that is over the top and stuff you need to read a couple of Bob Knight biographies.

There are accounts of where he would, at halftime, go to the bathroom, wipe his behind and then come out, with his pants still completely down, with the freshly wiped toilet paper and say "This is what you guys are playing like!!"

That guy is intense.

jcollins28

Reaction score
I bet Charles Haley wishes he was still on the 49'ers now. I don't know about "Mad" Mike. It only took one game and he is already a Coors Light commercial.