Sirius or XM?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Anyone here have Sirius or XM satellite radio?

I was thinking of getting Sirius for the NFL coverage, but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with it.

Thanks.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I struggled with switching to Sirrius just because of the NFL coverage... but I digressed... here is why...

I live in Texas... so I can usually get the game all over the state...

Sirius does not offer as many sports stations... there is no FoxSports or SportingNews Radio... they do have ESPN and ESPNews in common... Sirius also offers some original sports programming... not sure of how good it is...

They both offer decent political talk radio... though I prefer the XM offering a little more... Sirius does have "Court TV" radio though...

A friend of mine has Sirius... he likes the music selection more on XM... he also sez he loses reception at times... but I don't know about that...

Siruis is slightly more expensive... unless you pay a year in advance... then they are near the same price...

I prefer the manufacturers that are on board with XM... Pioneer, Sony, Alpine...etc... Sirius has a couple of good providers... Panasonic, Kenwood, Clarion... but Audiovox and Jensen don't exactly light me up... plus the "add-on" units XM offers are much nicer looking and have the FM adaptor built-in...

I had heard rumor at one time that they would share programming... but this seems to have fallen by the wayside for some reason...

On another note... for what it is worth... XM owns their sattelites... Sirius leases... don't know which is better...

Either would be an upgrade from standard radio... I rarely ever use my CD player anymore as there is always something better on Satellite...

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
My sisters and I chipped and got my dad Xm for Father's day, and he loves it. I've used his car a couple of times, and the channels are all great.

That being said, it seems as though Sirius has basically the same content, as well as NFL games, so if I was to do it over again, I would definitely go with thew Sirius.

VirusX

Reaction score
Im a sirius user. I hate XM because of the amber displays. If you use it in a windowed room or your car you can see **** during sunset if light hits it. Plus sirius is almost 100% comercial free. I love it...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Is there any sort of "walkman" equivilent for these radios? Something you can carry around with you and listen to wherever you go through headphones? Or do you always need a car or boombox or home adapter?

I'm probably going to get Sirius for the NFL and College Football coverage.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
VirusX said:
Im a sirius user. I hate XM because of the amber displays. If you use it in a windowed room or your car you can see **** during sunset if light hits it. Plus sirius is almost 100% comercial free. I love it...

I can change mine to any one of seven colors... it depends on the one you get...