Sirius VS. XM

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Anyone have any prefs? I am looking into getting a sytem and was wondering about ya'lls experiences. Thanks.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
So no one has any opinions of these two systems?

Looks like I'm on my own. :( *Sniff*

k19

Reaction score
Are you looking for the car I assume or just the take along type setup?I guess it depends on what you want.

I have a clarion setup in the car so I have no choice but to go with Sirius. The van has a pioness setup so I'd have to get XM. I've had a little experiece with both and neither is too bad, especially since XM has gotten more commercial free. XM has NASCAR stuff where Sirius has NFL stuff. Alot of the other programming is same ame for the most part as far as variety. Sirius has Disney which is cool if you have kids that like to song along to Disney songs :cool:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
K19 said:
Are you looking for the car I assume or just the take along type setup?I guess it depends on what you want.

I have a clarion setup in the car so I have no choice but to go with Sirius. The van has a pioness setup so I'd have to get XM. I've had a little experiece with both and neither is too bad, especially since XM has gotten more commercial free. XM has NASCAR stuff where Sirius has NFL stuff. Alot of the other programming is same ame for the most part as far as variety. Sirius has Disney which is cool if you have kids that like to song along to Disney songs :cool:

I want it primarily for the car and want to be able to snap it out and take it in the house as well. I tried the Sirius in a rental car last week in Nashville and really like the 24 hour NFL channel. But I wondered if XM had anything like that. Plus also the kids would love me for getting the Disney radio if that comes with it as well. Looks like Sirius is the way to go. Thanks K19.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I weighed the pros and cons... I chose XM for a couple of reasons...

It's cheaper per month... users report better reception... and more choices of programming... mostly commercial free...

I was dissapointed that Sirius got the NFL contract... but they don't have FoxSports either...

Both are good systems... it just depends on what you want... I like them both but prefer XM...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Caj,
As far as I'm concerned, Sirius is the only option because they have the NFL package.
From everything I can tell, XM has better equipment, better signal, etc... but the reason I got it was for the NFL, which only Sirius carries.

The NFL channel's ok. The Dan Reeves show in the morning is pretty bad, but Riggins' show in the afternoon is good.

Sirius has a ton of sports programming... all the NFL, a lot of college football (much more than XM) and all of the NBA.

I hear XM has better music stations (more variety, less repeats). I only listen to a couple of the music stations on Sirius and I like them a lot. They repeat sometimes, but for the most part, they're good.

If you're listening from your house or office, you need ot make sure your antennae faces in a westernish direction. If you're facing due east, you may have problems picking up a signal inside. I hear XM is much better at getting a signal in hard-to-reach areas (inside, underground, etc).

Both have alot of political talk. Also, I know for Sirius, you can log on their site with your computer and listen to the music stations online once you're a member.

I have the "Stream Jockey" by XACT. It is a somewhat portable unit... although not quite "walkman" functionality that one of the XM receivers features. But I can take it from my car to inside the house with ease.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Hey Cajun... A little extra incentive for Sirius... 24x7 Nascar will be carried on Sirius 2007 season

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Hey Cajun... A little extra incentive for Sirius... 24x7 Nascar will be carried on Sirius 2007 season

Another reason I have XM... :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:

Boogity boogity boogity. I'm there CP. That pretty much clinches it then. Thanks for the info.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan said:
Sirius has Howard Stern.

That should be enough to make you either want it or go to XM.

Maybe I can block the channel. Can't stand the guy. But to each, his own.

trickblue

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
XM's raising their rates 30% across the board, announcing it the week they lost nascar.

I am willing to pay 30% for no NASCAR... that's a perk... :D

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Boogity boogity boogity. I'm there CP. That pretty much clinches it then. Thanks for the info.

I knew that would clinche it for you. I knew you'd feel the need for speed...

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Nascar hata

give me time... I'll get ya hooked

yep... that will be the same day I start watching "Professional" Wrestling... :D

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:
yep... that will be the same day I start watching "Professional" Wrestling... :D

Well Trick, the diffence is that in NASCAR, when you get body slammed it's generally at around 190 MPH and there are not padded mats to fall on. Nothing like the glaring possibility of maddnes and mauhem at 200 mph to get the juices flowing.

Plus, chicks dig NASCAR. Unless you have never been to a race, you will not understand what the thrill is all about. It happened to my wife. Hated the sport from the day we met, then I took her to a race for the weekend and bam, she was in love with the sport.

trickblue

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Well Trick, the diffence is that in NASCAR, when you get body slammed it's generally at around 190 MPH and there are not padded mats to fall on. Nothing like the glaring possibility of maddnes and mauhem at 200 mph to get the juices flowing.

Plus, chicks dig NASCAR. Unless you have never been to a race, you will not understand what the thrill is all about. It happened to my wife. Hated the sport from the day we met, then I took her to a race for the weekend and bam, she was in love with the sport.

Oh I have been to a Bush race... it was exciting... I just can't get into it...

Chicks dig other things too... ;)

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Oh I have been to a Bush race... it was exciting... I just can't get into it...

Chicks dig other things too... ;)

Cowboys and Nascar (butts in a huddle and the need for speed)

It's enough to get a girl hyperventilating...

BTW.. it's Busch not Bush.. hee hee

** where's my inhaler

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Cowboys and Nascar (butts in a huddle and the need for speed)

It's enough to get a girl hyperventilating...

BTW.. it's Busch not Bush.. hee hee

** where's my inhaler

Sorry for the spelling error... I'll defer to you on cheap beer... :D