SI's Perloff: Cowboys playing like Super Bowl losers

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1761544 said:
I know, right.
"You're so bad, you're just going to make it to the super bowl, but you're not going to win it. So there!"

I remember when just making it to the playoffs used to be a dream.

It still is.

We have not made it to the Playoffs yet. All this team has done is win in the Regular Season and show that they have the talent to play with anybody.

This Franchise has been on its back for too long for me to let my guard down and get disappointed.

Im taking it game by game and hopefully it will lead to the Super Bowl and I really don't care who we play if we make it there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1761420 said:
Perloff's Blog
Cowboys playing like Super Bowl losers
about 16 hours ago :: 42532 Views

What does the Cowboys' ascension to the top of the NFC really mean? They're No. 1 in a group of pretenders. Their substandard conference affiliation means an inflated regular-season record and, at best, a reserved spot on the sacrificial altar come Feb. 3.

Look at today's win over the Giants? This was supposed to a statement game, but it proves nothing. New York had one victory over a winning team this season, and that was over a Commanders team that is sliding into oblivion. The Giants have to stop a real offense just once before they are part of a serious contender conversation.

Dallas' playoff path to Super Bowl XLII will be paved with mediocrity. The Packers are a fluky 8-1. How many jump balls can Green Bay's WRs come down with? The Lions are 6-3 and will probably end up 8-8. The four teams in the NFC South are barely worth mentioning. And the NFC West is even worse.

The Cowboys haven't distinguished themselves in three games against the AFC this season. Throw out their win against the irrelevant Dolphins. Dallas was outplayed by Buffalo in that last-second Monday night win. And despite Terrell Owens' postgame claims, they didn't show me any reason to believe they could beat the Patriots in a rematch of their 48-27 loss in Week 6.

The ‘Boys are a very good team. Tony Romo is peforming up to his gaudy contract and celebrity girlfriend, T.O. is playing at a Hall of Fame level and the running game is solid. But Dallas is like Farmer Ted in Sixteen Candles ... the king of the geeks. A barracuda in a pool full of NFC guppies. Problem is, the Cowboys will face a great white shark if they reach the Super Bowl.

Everyone in Dallas should be proud of the upcoming trip to Glendale, Ariz., ... and the inevitable loss, followed by the offseason drama (probably Owens-related) and the 2008 Super Bowl loser's jinx collapse.

I understand what he is saying... I just think that UNLIKE those AFC (1982-2003) teams that went to SB and lost.

The Dallas Cowboys have a GREAT chance at playing well and winning... EVEN against the almighty Patriots. It could come down to T.O.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1761563 said:
It still is.

We have not made it to the Playoffs yet. All this team has done is win in the Regular Season and show that they have the talent to play with anybody.

This Franchise has been on its back for too long for me to let my guard down and get disappointed.

Im taking it game by game and hopefully it will lead to the Super Bowl and I really don't care who we play if we make it there.
Well you're entitled to that thought process, but we've made the playoffs two out of the last three years. I think for most fans, making the playoffs is a realistic enough expectation this year. Believing they can actually do some damage once they get there should be the new dream.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1761527 said:
The man is definately entitled to his opinion.

I don't know how much I can stress the fact that we get to prove how good we are on the field.

We got a chance to take on the New England Juggernaunt and we lost.

Now all we can do is continue to win, work ourselves into the Playoffs and take it game by game.

Folks, this is not the BCS, you get to PROVE how good you are and if you win, you WILL play for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Let this man have his opinion, the Cowboys have a chance to prove him wrong.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Despite what anyone says (in the newspapers, in Internet columns or even here), it boils down to this: The Cowboys continue to win, they're in the Super Bowl. The Patriots continue to win, they're in the Super Bowl. Two teams will play, one team will lose.
If it's the Cowboys, Perloff gets to say "See, I told you so."
If it's the Patriots, we'll all flood his email reminding him of his comments. :D

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Awww....somebody's predictions of Cowboys doom for this year didn't even come close to being true.

That's just too bad. :p:

YAKUZA

coogrfan

Reaction score
You know, if you took that article and changed the names of the teams it sounds an awful lot like the stuff the Pats heard prior to facing the big, bad Rams (the last "best offense ever" ) in the Super Bowl back in '01. We all know how that worked out.