Video: Six NFL players who will not be one-year wonders (DeMarcus Lawrence)

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score

• gil_brandt-110726_65.jpg
  • By Gil Brandt
  • NFL Media senior analyst
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Dallas Cowboys: Lawrence technically might not qualify as a one-year wonder -- he'd be more like a one-great-year-and-one-pretty-good-year wonder, given that he notched 8.0 sacks in 2015 before breaking out with 14.5 last season. Still, it's fair to ask if he's fully arrived. I think the answer is yes. In fact, with the Cowboys' secondary being a lot better than it was last season -- and with the extra motivation of trying to earn a lucrative new contract -- I could see Lawrence repeating his Pro Bowl-caliber effort from 2017. Beyond that, I think he'll be an impact pass rusher for years to come.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...x-nfl-players-who-will-not-be-oneyear-wonders

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy's hand usage is amazing. I think that's his best trait and truly what separates him. And that trait and his overall technique is why I'm not betting against him. In fact, I'm expecting him to exceed his 2017 sack total. I know that's asking a lot, but I see a relentless player continuing to perfect his game.

After this season, I think his contract will end up in the $20 million-a-year range and we might regret nit getting a deal done with him earlier.

The only thing that might stand in his way would be injury. But that's the same worry for any player.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I really wanted Barnett. Imagine DLaw and Barnett on the same line growing together. Cool that two NFCE DE's get a mention.

erod

Reaction score
I really like how he's matured as a player and as a leader.

If that back is Ok, lock this dude up.

exciter

Reaction score
There's another thread proposing we trade him to the Jets. As difficult as if is to find a Pro Bowl caliber DE, I just cant justify trading him. He's our next DeMarcus Ware/Charles Haley.
Uh yeah, 5 straight years drafting des trying to find a premier player, then trade the best, most reliable/dependable one. It's pure brilliance. Especially considering the other 4 are still unproven, have major injury questions or have major drug/suspension history issues and the other is a rookie 4th round pick, and probably has the most upside!

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I think Lawrence could be better with fewer sacks cause offenses will help with protection on him and hopefully Taco or Gregory can take advantage.