Skins/Eagles game comes down to 3 things

Alweezy

Reaction score
The Giants took care of business, the Panthers have taken care of business, and well we're stuck waiting to see if the Commanders will complete one of the great comeback stories of the year. WE can only hope that they lose to make the playoffs, and some people are realizing our chances are slipping and packing it in:

However, I must say:

1. The Eagles need to capitalize on the Brunell injury.

I don't care if he practiced Thursday, Brunell is playing only because this is a must win game and can not let the season fall because of the injury. The Eagles need to pressure him. If you see the Eagles roughing up Brunell this will be a good thing because an unconfident QB can lead to INT's and DE's fumbles... This game is truly going to be won based on who wins the Turnover battle. Against Arizona Brunell had 3 INT's. On the road, he has thrown 7 of his 9 INT. This could be a big day for an Eagles Defense that bruised Eli Manning.

2. Santana Moss & Cooley can not beat you
It will be difficult to stop Santana Moss. The guy gave New York fits because of their speed rush and poor tackling. I unfortunately predict a very good day from him, but under no circumstances can Chris Cooley continue to beat teams. Moss maybe, but Cooley has to be stopped in order for Philly to have a shot. If Cooley has an average day, the Eagles will be in good shape. If Moss gets over 5 receptions watch out.

3. Take Chances
Finally in order for the Eagles to win this game, they are going to have to take chances. Where's the onside kick to start the game off like they did when they were looking for respect. Unlike Oakland, Philadelphia can not play this game close to the chest. Unlike Atlanta, Philadelphia can not become too agressive and pass every down. No, the Eagles must establish the run. They must keep the Commanders off the field at whatever cost. If this means going for a 4th and 2 to keep a drive going then maybe so. The Eagles can obviously not come out conservative in this game or it could get out of hand quick.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I think if McNabb ( oh, he's not playing)..but if Westbrook has a good game( oh, he's not playing)...but then there is T.O. ( oh, I forgot, he is not on the team anymore....nevermind

jimmy40

Reaction score
Alweezy said:
The Giants took care of business, the Panthers have taken care of business, and well we're stuck waiting to see if the Commanders will complete one of the great comeback stories of the year. WE can only hope that they lose to make the playoffs, and some people are realizing our chances are slipping and packing it in:

However, I must say:

1. The Eagles need to capitalize on the Brunell injury.

I don't care if he practiced Thursday, Brunell is playing only because this is a must win game and can not let the season fall because of the injury. The Eagles need to pressure him. If you see the Eagles roughing up Brunell this will be a good thing because an unconfident QB can lead to INT's and DE's fumbles... This game is truly going to be won based on who wins the Turnover battle. Against Arizona Brunell had 3 INT's. On the road, he has thrown 7 of his 9 INT. This could be a big day for an Eagles Defense that bruised Eli Manning.

2. Santana Moss & Cooley can not beat you
It will be difficult to stop Santana Moss. The guy gave New York fits because of their speed rush and poor tackling. I unfortunately predict a very good day from him, but under no circumstances can Chris Cooley continue to beat teams. Moss maybe, but Cooley has to be stopped in order for Philly to have a shot. If Cooley has an average day, the Eagles will be in good shape. If Moss gets over 5 receptions watch out.

3. Take Chances
Finally in order for the Eagles to win this game, they are going to have to take chances. Where's the onside kick to start the game off like they did when they were looking for respect. Unlike Oakland, Philadelphia can not play this game close to the chest. Unlike Atlanta, Philadelphia can not become too agressive and pass every down. No, the Eagles must establish the run. They must keep the Commanders off the field at whatever cost. If this means going for a 4th and 2 to keep a drive going then maybe so. The Eagles can obviously not come out conservative in this game or it could get out of hand quick.
What pick do the Eagles get if they win/lose?

Alweezy

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
What pick do the Eagles get if they win/lose?

I do not know exactly but unlike when the Cowboys were getting 5-11 and 6-10 seasons, 6-10 will not get you a lottery pick or a top 10 pick at that.

There is no incentive to lose (if that's what you're getting at) because the difference between 6-10 and 7-9 is maybe 2 midround spots. Nothing make or break. Unless a lot of teams below them win.. which isn't happening so far.

However, it's the Texans, the three 3-12 teams and the five 5-10 teams that have losing incentives..

this is truly a pathetic year for a lot of teams..

ravidubey

Reaction score
This game depends mostly one whether or not the Eagles give a crap. You'd think they'd fight hard not to be goose-egged vs. the NFC East, but they've totally given up.

If Philly brings its A-game then an immobile, innaccurate QB like Ramsey could have problems vs. the blitz especially with Randy Thomas hurt.