Skins got some nice young players

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Their DL is stacked.
It is, but what gives me hope is with McCarthy we will strategically run but mostly be in 11 personnel. "Pass to set up the run" is what I'm thinking will happen. This will allow Zeke's career to be extended by not always running into 8 man boxes like when Red and Linehan were here. Then we wont have to worry (as much) about their front 7. When DL is tiring in 3rd and 4th quarters I expect Zeke and Pollard to eat.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Might be a problem in the future.

All comes down to Haskins. Offensively they still have some work to do. Mclaurin is good, but they dont have alot of weapons in the passing game. Gibson could be a playmaker, but what is he? I wasn't that high in Charles, with a young QB coming I think they should have found a way to mend the fence with Williams at least short term

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Their DL is stacked.

It is, but the problem is they're going to end up wasting their cheap years and either over spend on the DL or have to let some of them walk.

As of right now, they aren't likely to compete and be good in 2020 and at the end of that season, Jonathan Allen will be on the 5th year of his rookie deal and count $10 million. Matt Ioannidis will be in the 3rd year (out of 4 years) of his extension and count for $7+ million. Darron Payne will be in the 4th year of his rookie deal and count $4.5 million or so.

In addition to this, just based off Nick Bosa's contract, in 2021, Chase Young will count for over $7 million and last years number 1 pick, Montez Sweat will count for $3.1 million, which is managable...just included for context.

That's $32 million or so in 2021 and at that point, they'll be forced to make some hard decisions. Now they may keep them all, but it will certainly hurt other areas of the team. If I had to guess, trading Jonathan Allen like SF traded Buckner would be the smart thing, but I doubt they do.

mmohican29

Reaction score
No offense but a list of name players w/youth could be compiled for any team in the NFL.

There's a lot of completely unknown and/or jags in this list:

Guice- done very little, injury prone
Haskins- performed very average
T. Moss almost went undrafted

Etc.

Big_D

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough division shortly. Maybe not in 2020 but beyond that I see 4 teams improving. There's no more McAdoo and Gruden. They're collecting some talent to go along with much better coaching. Just like the Cowboys! Should get interesting.

Reactions: BAT

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
skins and giants might be good again in 2-3 years. The east has been bad for a long time.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
No offense but a list of name players w/youth could be compiled for any team in the NFL.

There's a lot of completely unknown and/or jags in this list:

Guice- done very little, injury prone
Haskins- performed very average
T. Moss almost went undrafted

Etc.
Moss did go undrafted.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
All comes down to Haskins. Offensively they still have some work to do. Mclaurin is good, but they dont have alot of weapons in the passing game. Gibson could be a playmaker, but what is he? I wasn't that high in Charles, with a young QB coming I think they should have found a way to mend the fence with Williams at least short term

Yeah, that list is top heavy with those worrisome defensive linemen. The offensive side of the list has a lot of work to do before any peacocking Is warranted.

Flamma

Reaction score
That team looks a little dangerous right now. Yeah, the offense is suspect. Well have to see how good Haskins is and what this coach has in mind.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough division shortly. Maybe not in 2020 but beyond that I see 4 teams improving. There's no more McAdoo and Gruden. They're collecting some talent to go along with much better coaching. Just like the Cowboys! Should get interesting.

As long as Garrett is the OC for the Giants, they will never be a threat. Look at what he did with the talent he had here. Now he has less of it in NY.