Skins miss the game winning field goal?

Cowboys79

Reaction score
I was just reading on nfl.fanhouse.com that they think Suisham missed the field goal and the officals just got the call wrong. Did he really miss it?

David276

Benched
Reaction score
i dont know there was a crappy camera angle im guessing everyone got. im sure its pretty hard to miss it when they stand pretty much under it or aligned with it.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I don't think he missed it. No one saw a good picture. The refs had the best view.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I called miss when I saw it sail left but I won't even begin to cry foul. Washington beat us in every phaze of the game and it would have been a disgrace to steal it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I think it was no good, but Washington was outplaying us, and likely would've won the game anyway. If the FG was no good, the rest of the game from that point probably plays out differently.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I thought it was wide left by a few inches when I saw it live and I have not seen a replay of it. I couldn't believe they called it good.

However, that wasn't the game winner. It would be the difference between a win or a loss, but a game winner is a final one that ends it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I doubt he missed it. The only picture I've seen is a very bad one that doesn't tell you squat. I can't imagine the guy standing right under the goal area can't tell rather it was inside or outside the upright.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2300988 said:
I doubt he missed it. The only picture I've seen is a very bad one that doesn't tell you squat. I can't imagine the guy standing right under the goal area can't tell rather it was inside or outside the upright.

:rolleyes: Well we all know that the refs are always right. That was a miss. I have no doubt.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
WOW! That's funny that there is a thread on this...

During the game, I was one that jumped up and said YESSS!! he missed it!!

Then I saw the refs with their arms in the air and I said what the heck??

I guess its too late now

Denver vs. SD revisited

Don Corleone

Reaction score
aardvark;2300996 said:
WOW! That's funny that there is a thread on this...

During the game, I was one that jumped up and said YESSS!! he missed it!!

Then I saw the refs with their arms in the air and I said what the heck??

I guess its too late now

Denver vs. SD revisited

Isn't there normally another camera angle from the back of the kicker towards the endzone? Funny how we never saw a replay of that kick.

I think the refs go into autopilot on chip shot field goals, and assume that there is no way they can be missed. That's all I can think of.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2300991 said:
:rolleyes: Well we all know that the refs are always right. That was a miss. I have no doubt.

I didn't say they always were. Have all the no doubt you want, I'm not saying it couldn't possibly have been no good, but you had a behind the endzone, TV angle, and there for your view was terrible by comparison.

It's just another excuse for fans so they don't have to fully accept that the Cowboys got beat.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
The pictures don't do much good.

Anyone with tivo can play it in slow motion, and there is no way in hell it hooks. It's a miss. You can easily tell if it's played in slow motion, misses by a foot or so.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2301007 said:
I didn't say they always were. Have all the no doubt you want, I'm not saying it couldn't possibly have been no good, but you had a behind the endzone, TV angle, and there for your view was terrible by comparison.

It's just another excuse for fans so they don't have to fully accept that the Cowboys got beat.

I agree that the camera angle was bad, but there is normally another angle behind the kicker, and that would have been a bit more clear.

No excuses for me. The Cowboys got completely outschemed and outplayed, and quite frankly, it shouldn't have come down to this FG anyways. They can't play this bad and expect to win against a team that is fired up and ready to play.

However, I do feel that the refs are obligated to get calls right in the game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
A Skins TD was called back b/c of an iffy call on their center(Casey Rabach).

Their were alot of bad calls that went against both teams, but it all evened out at the end.

The main reason why we lost was b/c we flat out got smacked in the mouth throughout the entire game. We're in the toughest division in all of football, and we SHOULD have come out with that urgency to protect or territory, and we didn't.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301017 said:
I agree that the camera angle was bad, but there is normally another angle behind the kicker, and that would have been a bit more clear.

No excuses for me. The Cowboys got completely outschemed and outplayed, and quite frankly, it shouldn't have come down to this FG anyways. They can't play this bad and expect to win against a team that is fired up and ready to play.

However, I do feel that the refs are obligated to get calls right in the game.

Now that I agree with and if I'd seen another angle that could definately tell me it was no good and the refs screwed up the call I'd be right there with you on the angry side of it. Right now I'm just numb to it because I don't know for sure that it wasn't good and we got our butts manhandled to the point that we deserved to lose.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
The camera angle was a little off. It was good.
Stop...just stop.

Sunday cannot come soon enough.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, not one single player or coach has suggested that the FG was bad.

I think we just got a deceptive camera angle... time to let it go.