Skins miss the game winning field goal?

Kilyin

Reaction score
I made a .WMV of the field goal in question, you be the judge. Looks like it MIGHT have crossed the top of the left goal post.. maybe. We had plenty of chances to win the game after this though.

Here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
as others have said, it doesnt matter.

We should have stopped them before then...we could have stopped them on that last drive and didnt.

It was 17-17 and we had all the momentum our way, then the defense "took over" and allowed the Skins to have 3 long FG drives...

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Boysboy;2301021 said:
A Skins TD was called back b/c of an iffy call on their center(Casey Rabach).

Their were alot of bad calls that went against both teams, but it all evened out at the end.

The main reason why we lost was b/c we flat out got smacked in the mouth throughout the entire game. We're in the toughest division in all of football, and we SHOULD have come out with that urgency to protect or territory, and we didn't.

I am not saying the FG was not good. I was hoping when it was on the way, but I think it was good.

Now, to your rediculous comment. BOTH of Rabach's penalties were obvious. Nothing the least bit questionable. He tackled a DL man and was 7 yards down field. There is no argument.

superpunk

Reaction score
The more egregious error is our coaching staff keeping the red flag in their pocket on that play.

Homer

Reaction score
I don't know if the fg was good or not. I watched it several times on my dvr, but the angle does not do justice. I am curious to see if it in fact was good through a better angle.

I really don't care if this would have made a difference in the game or not. We could have lost 45-3 and I would have still wanted to know if they got the call wrong.

Just because it may have not affected the outcome, does not mean the refs should not held accountable.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Poor camera angle + loss to the Commanders + close FG call = too many conspiracy theories of missing.

I believe it was Erik in the chat who replayed it over and over... and said that he thought it was good... FWIW.

No players have complained; no coaches; nada. Furthermore, the players on the field "accepted" the call (as in, no one complained or celebrated a 'miss'). They clearly thought it was correct.

Lastly, the officials didn't hesitate; they had the best view.

All this adds up to.... likely a made field goal.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Whats funny is... its seems that Suisham never misses with the Skins... atleast not when he plays us.

I am STILL waiting for him to miss a kick against us..... lol

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
superpunk;2301111 said:
The more egregious error is our coaching staff keeping the red flag in their pocket on that play.
The Ticket said it was not reviewable.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2300988 said:
I doubt he missed it. The only picture I've seen is a very bad one that doesn't tell you squat. I can't imagine the guy standing right under the goal area can't tell rather it was inside or outside the upright.
Given the bad calls we've seen this year, how can you not imagine that he'd miss that?

vlad

Reaction score
The last thing I think this team needs is an excuse as to why they should have won that game. We got owned, and the only shame in that is if we don't admit it, rally around it and correct it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jbsg02;2301239 said:
I thought it was a miss when I wached it live too

When I saw the kick go and through(or maybe it didnt) I think I was still in shock or angry at how we were playing. I honestly couldnt think straight.

superpunk

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2301190 said:
The Ticket said it was not reviewable.
Field goals are reviewable this year.

Someone suggested that since it passed over the highest part of the vertical bars, then it is not reviewable, but I have not seen that in print.

links18

Reaction score
vlad;2301244 said:
The last thing I think this team needs is an excuse as to why they should have won that game. We got owned, and the only shame in that is if we don't admit it, rally around it and correct it.

This all true, but we shouldn't let the refs off the hook. The Quality of the NFL has been steadily decreasing, including the officiating--to the point where it is downright scandalous this year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
links18;2301365 said:
This all true, but we shouldn't let the refs off the hook. The Quality of the NFL has been steadily decreasing, including the officiating--to the point where it is downright scandalous this year.

The Steelers SB was the worst.
I cant believe the officiating in that game.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
aardvark;2300996 said:
WOW! That's funny that there is a thread on this...

During the game, I was one that jumped up and said YESSS!! he missed it!!

Then I saw the refs with their arms in the air and I said what the heck??

I guess its too late now

Denver vs. SD revisited

Everyone one at my house done the same thing. I couldn't believe it was called good.

rynochop

Reaction score
superpunk;2301304 said:
Field goals are reviewable this year.

Someone suggested that since it passed over the highest part of the vertical bars, then it is not reviewable, but I have not seen that in print.

Thats why its hard to tell if it was good or not. Too high. It looked no good live, and it looks no good on the replay someone posted.

Geez, watching the refs, they've got their arms up before its even there and not even looking up.

But, shouldnt have been playing that badly for it to matter.

I'm just glad we dont have a bye week this week and have to hear two weeks worth of our season is done.