Skins Notes

Smith22

Reaction score
Antonio "hands of stone" Brown. Not surprising. Wonder who they have back at KR now? Betts and ????

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Other news regarding Jon Jansen from the Wash Post:

The other significant injury Sunday was tackle Jon Jansen's broken right thumb. Jansen, whose superior play against the Bears helped solidify the offensive line, was already wearing a cast on his left hand after breaking his other thumb last week. Despite having to wear two casts, Gibbs said the staff is convinced Jansen will be able to perform well and does not expect them to be a major hindrance. The casts allow Jansen's fingers to protrude, so he can still get in his stance for run blocking.

"The good thing about it is the cast covers his thumb but your fingers are out," Gibbs said. "He played extremely well with one last week and I asked him, 'Hey, does it bother you?' And he said, 'Not really.' So that's good."

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Other news regarding Jon Jansen from the Wash Post:

Glad to hear that his fingers still protrude. At least then he get called for holding penalties. :laugh2:

Smith22

Reaction score
Jansen is a warrior. Hopefully we can take advantage of his injury though and get an extra sack or 2. Their OL did play pretty well last week, especially protecting the QB.

followthestar

Reaction score
i hope they have some depth on the OL because we will very likely use a rotation of the DL similar to last weeks, which worked quite well. ask Brunell next tuesday what the turf in texas stadium looks like closeup...

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
followthestar said:
i hope they have some depth on the OL because we will very likely use a rotation of the DL similar to last weeks, which worked quite well. ask Brunell next tuesday what the turf in texas stadium looks like closeup...

Ofcourse monday night is the biggest regular season stage for the regular season and I wouldnt want to give up the great atmosphere which comes with that. But someone on this board made the astute point about how if this was a sunday afternoon game so early in the year that the Texas heat could play a big factor and with us coming at them in defensive front line waves that the game could get out of hand for the skins even quicker that it will on monday night. Ditto for our o-line and JJ going against a tough D but one that will be on the field a LLLOOONNGG time on monday. There should be an over/under line on how many punts the skins have to do. My guess, 7.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
followthestar said:

No, they don't have any real depth on the OL... their best reserve is Ray Brown, and he's pushing 70 years old... :laugh2:

Their top 5 are just fine, and Parcells praised their play in a recent press conference, but when the injury bug bites, their efficiency will drop off noticeably...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Ofcourse monday night is the biggest regular season stage for the regular season and I wouldnt want to give up the great atmosphere which comes with that. But someone on this board made the astute point about how if this was a sunday afternoon game so early in the year that the Texas heat could play a big factor and with us coming at them in defensive front line waves that the game could get out of hand for the skins even quicker that it will on monday night.

The heat might actually work against the Cowboys too, since they spent their summer out in Oxnard, where it was rather mild...