Video: Skip Bayless: Jason Garrett is proving that he can't handle being a head coach

romonumberone

Reaction score
What the F____ would Skip Bayless know about being a head coach in the National Football League? I am just as upset that Dallas is 6-5 as anybody else. Have they underachieved this year? Yes.... I think they should be 11-0. But what has Garrett done that has been so bad other than people like to pile on him and have no knowledge of what they are talking about. If I was Garrett I would be p____. I do real estate for a living. I have been doing it for almost 30 years. If someone started critiquing my abilities and they were not even in the profession I would not be happy. Imagine how Garrett feels having every armchair GM with 20/20 hindsight telling him how much he sucks.

So let's look at it... & I will have to play devil's advocate a little bit.... But what has he done wrong?

1. Everyone talks about how much he has underachieved.... Dallas has so much talent.... But on this board everyone says how much player X sucks. Player Y sucks, etc. So you cannot have it both ways. Personally I think the Defense is below average. Special Teams is below average. The Offense I think has ridiculous amount of talent.... although some on this board say Dak is one of the ten best QB's in the world..... I would say top 15 or top 20 best in the world.

2. No team in the NFC East has won back to back division titles since 2004. Garrett will do that this year.

3. Garrett has one of the best winning percentages of any cowboys coach in history. The Cowboys have a pretty good history.

4. Garrett does not call the plays.... If you do not like the play calls quit blaming Garrett.

5. Garrett has been a big help in bringing in talent & good attitude players.

6. People want to promote Richard.... What has he done????? In the same vein they want to fire Rod????? If you ask me both Richard & Rod's job performances should be tied together. How is Richard's coaching of the DB's going? How many picks do they have this year?

7. Careful what you wish for..... Campo, Gailey, etc.

8. People say he underachieved last year in the playoffs? How so? in hindsight were we really better than the Rams last year? Did you watch that game?

9. If he goes 11-5 this year and loses in the 1st round to the 49ers or even the Seahawks..... did he really underachieve?

10. Dallas will win their last 5 regular season games.

11. If I was Garrett I would tell Dallas & Jerry to go kiss my A..... Everyone piling on me & bad mouthing me when they have no idea what they are talking about. The drunk idiot owner always talking about how loyal he is to me and than in the same breath saying If I do not win a SB this year my butt is gone.... Yeah real loyalty. Another thing only 1 in 32 is going to win the SB..... Not good odds..... Why did they even bring Garrett back for 2019 and make him a lame duck head coach?

12. Is Dallas in 2019 really better than the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Packers???? Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs????

13. Until Dallas brings in some run stuffing DT's for the playoffs and cold weather games when teams run the ball Dallas will have a very hard time making a deep run in the playoffs.

14. Is this the same Skip Bayless who after the Titans game last year threw away Dak's jersey and now he says Dak is the best QB in the league & he never doubted him.

15. Garrett cannot win. When Dallas wins Dak gets all the credit and Dallas won in spite of Garrett. When Dallas loses it's not Dak's fault, it is all Garrett's fault.

16. No matter what play is called (Again Garrett does not call the plays) no matter what if it does not work than everybody comes out of the woodwork and tells us that it was a dumb play and that they would have done the exact opposite. If the players would better execute the plays and the refs would not interfere and the play is successful than no one would say anything. When they do say something they say Kellen Moore is a genius.

catiii

Reaction score
Skip is spot on. He seems to put to rest the myth that JG is a "good motivator." Here's a synopsis of what he said in quotes:

I know what he is, and I know what he is not.
He's not a head coach. Pleasant to be around. Personable but "surfacy"..[fake, superficial]..he's fun to be around drinking beer and having nachos as long as the conversation stays up on the surface. If you try to look for a deeper connection with him you can't find one because there is no "there" there. He doesn't have the dynamic personality that equates to leadership. He's not a commanding officer. He strikes no fear in a football team. Talent carried him to a successful year.He can get you so close, but can't get you over the hump. The talent has carried Jason Garrett. When the talent doesn't make the plays, he can't fix it or re-motivate it. We've seen them fall behind out of the gate this year 8 of 11 times. That's on the head coach. He speaks in platitudes, cliches, they tune out Jason Garrett
[referring to his description of how bored they were in a long meeting with Garrett talking and talking.] He can't do anything to fix a situation that is starting to teeter and go south - a nice guy that can finish last. The Jerry we saw after NE was scary Jerry. If the Cowboys lose, the team will be psychologically dead in the water.

Last edited:

vlad

Reaction score
What the F____ would Skip Bayless know about being a head coach in the National Football League? I am just as upset that Dallas is 6-5 as anybody else. Have they underachieved this year? Yes.... I think they should be 11-0. But what has Garrett done that has been so bad other than people like to pile on him and have no knowledge of what they are talking about. If I was Garrett I would be p____. I do real estate for a living. I have been doing it for almost 30 years. If someone started critiquing my abilities and they were not even in the profession I would not be happy. Imagine how Garrett feels having every armchair GM with 20/20 hindsight telling him how much he sucks.

So let's look at it... & I will have to play devil's advocate a little bit.... But what has he done wrong?

1. Everyone talks about how much he has underachieved.... Dallas has so much talent.... But on this board everyone says how much player X sucks. Player Y sucks, etc. So you cannot have it both ways. Personally I think the Defense is below average. Special Teams is below average. The Offense I think has ridiculous amount of talent.... although some on this board say Dak is one of the ten best QB's in the world..... I would say top 15 or top 20 best in the world.

2. No team in the NFC East has won back to back division titles since 2004. Garrett will do that this year.

3. Garrett has one of the best winning percentages of any cowboys coach in history. The Cowboys have a pretty good history.

4. Garrett does not call the plays.... If you do not like the play calls quit blaming Garrett.

5. Garrett has been a big help in bringing in talent & good attitude players.

6. People want to promote Richard.... What has he done????? In the same vein they want to fire Rod????? If you ask me both Richard & Rod's job performances should be tied together. How is Richard's coaching of the DB's going? How many picks do they have this year?

7. Careful what you wish for..... Campo, Gailey, etc.

8. People say he underachieved last year in the playoffs? How so? in hindsight were we really better than the Rams last year? Did you watch that game?

9. If he goes 11-5 this year and loses in the 1st round to the 49ers or even the Seahawks..... did he really underachieve?

10. Dallas will win their last 5 regular season games.

11. If I was Garrett I would tell Dallas & Jerry to go kiss my A..... Everyone piling on me & bad mouthing me when they have no idea what they are talking about. The drunk idiot owner always talking about how loyal he is to me and than in the same breath saying If I do not win a SB this year my butt is gone.... Yeah real loyalty. Another thing only 1 in 32 is going to win the SB..... Not good odds..... Why did they even bring Garrett back for 2019 and make him a lame duck head coach?

12. Is Dallas in 2019 really better than the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Packers???? Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs????

13. Until Dallas brings in some run stuffing DT's for the playoffs and cold weather games when teams run the ball Dallas will have a very hard time making a deep run in the playoffs.

14. Is this the same Skip Bayless who after the Titans game last year threw away Dak's jersey and now he says Dak is the best QB in the league & he never doubted him.

15. Garrett cannot win. When Dallas wins Dak gets all the credit and Dallas won in spite of Garrett. When Dallas loses it's not Dak's fault, it is all Garrett's fault.

16. No matter what play is called (Again Garrett does not call the plays) no matter what if it does not work than everybody comes out of the woodwork and tells us that it was a dumb play and that they would have done the exact opposite. If the players would better execute the plays and the refs would not interfere and the play is successful than no one would say anything. When they do say something they say Kellen Moore is a genius.

If someone started working for you as a new, inexperienced agent, using your firms capital, would you let them buy and sell at their discretion without oversight or would you as leader have them go through you for guidance and approval?

If you have a mid level proven agent working for you and you are only interested in residential real estate as your strategy, wouldn't you relay that strategy to them so they don't buy an old strip mall?

I just think he's got zero accountability, and just stuff like literally not speaking to kellen moore about 4 down vs 3 down strategy, or seeing a dumpster fire of Keith o'quinn and saying, hey have pollard move up etc.

Btw, I think it's awesome you've been in the real estate game for that long and I'd jump at the chance to learning from/being mentored by someone with that experience...i can't imagine you'd leave me out in the cold or if I made a stupid decision you just throwing me under the bus. Even more if you saw me let's say go rogue that you wouldn't intervene and take ownership. Right?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The cowboys have some overrated players and a qb that hasn't closed out games with a win this year. It sucks but such is life as a coach in dallas.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Skip is spot on. He seems to put to rest the myth that JG is a "good motivator." Here's a synopsis of what he said in quotes:

I know what he is, and I know what he is not.
He's not a head coach. Pleasant to be around. Personable but "surfacy"..[fake, superficial]..he's fun to be around drinking beer and having nachos as long as the conversation stays up on the surface. If you try to look for a deeper connection with him you can't find one because there is no "there" there. He doesn't have the dynamic personality that equates to leadership. He's not a commanding officer. He strikes no fear in a football team. Talent carried him to a successful year.He can get you so close, but can't get you over the hump. The talent has carried Jason Garrett. When the talent doesn't make the plays, he can't fix it or re-motivate it. We've seen them fall behind out of the gate this year 8 of 11 times. That's on the head coach. He speaks in platitudes, cliches, they tune out Jason Garrett
[referring to his description of how bored they were in a long meeting with Garrett talking and talking.] He can't do anything to fix a situation that is starting to teeter and go south - a nice guy that can finish last. The Jerry we saw after NE was scary Jerry. If the Cowboys lose, the team will be psychologically dead in the water.

:hammer:

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
SKIPPY IS IN THE KNOW..at least concerning the Cowboys. We win in spite of the coaching and owner..not because of..when we lose..its woefully evident we are inept on many levels.
My esteem of Romo has increased as it has become clear to EVERYONE that any success by my Cowboys were achieved by overcoming Garrett’s coaching. How many times did they win because Romo took control of the game or made changes?

birdwells1

Reaction score
agree all the way. WHICH tells us what we already knew..JJ is loyal to a fault.

He's loyal to his ego, the only reason he holds on to JG is because he wants to prove that Garrett is his Tom Landry.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've said this.

How long can players listen to that robot speak robotese before tuning him out?

What Dez probably meant about him not being able to relate to minority players is the dude is unreal boring. He cant relate to anyone at this point.

I'd make a change even if they win the whole thing but again, theres no real coach out there that will put up w Jerry doing what he wants to do.

Now let's figure out who is to blame. Garrett? He didnt hire himself