Video: Skip: Cowboys haven’t spoken with Dak’s agent

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He didn't say Dalton is a good/great player or BETTER than Dak. Are you suggesting it's impossible for Dalton to get this team to an 8-8 record?

Exactly.

I've seen nothing from Dak or Dalton that would change the ultimate outcome of our games.

In fact I think Dak would be lucky to still be in the NFL had he been drafted by the Bengals.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Drive that trade price up. I mean if they go out and say the opposite it wouldn’t give them any leverage. Jerry loves to gamble and it’s up to other teams to call the bluff. I mean we’ve said it here many times, “untapped potential,” top 10 QB, team built for now, win now, trading Dak will set up McCarthy for failure, etc. We will sign Dak and I believe it’s with the RFA tag. if there is a buyer who thinks the same way many on this board does, or a team wanting to be closer to now than later, maybe they give up draft picks for Dak vs a Rookie QB.

but the agent could just come out and say he's lying through his teeth. And claiming this would only create a bigger wedge between Dak and the Cowboys if it were a lie, implying he definitely doesn't want him back

HellCrowe

Reaction score
but the agent could just come out and say he's lying through his teeth. And claiming this would only create a bigger wedge between Dak and the Cowboys if it were a lie, implying he definitely doesn't want him back

I’m sure that the agent would however, I also think the Cowboys want to sign Dak if, the price is right. If that’s the case, it explains why the talks have stalled and maybe the FO just wants to cover all bases if a deal doesn’t get done. If that’s the situation, idk if the agent would want to just kill contract talks and move on.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What's interesting is how fans taking Stephen's words like the voice of God w/o hearing Dak/his agent side. Stephen says they were close and leaked that Dak and his people upped their offer after 3-0 start. As I've said many times, every story has TWO sides. We're only hearing one.

Not really. I thought we heard from Dak's side when they said that they never said 40 and were not close?

Last edited: