Skip has given up on Dak Prescott

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm holding very slim hopes that a new coaching staff can get more out of him, because Dak seems likely to be in Dallas longer than Garrett and we're not getting a QB in 2019.

But I'm not optimistic about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm holding very slim hopes that a new coaching staff can get more out of him, because Dak seems likely to be in Dallas longer than Garrett and we're not getting a QB in 2019.

Don’t need one in 2019 when Dak’s contract expires after the season. He can ride the bench with the new coach who goes with Mike White.. we can afford a “down year” with Garrett gone...

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score

He is the dreaded "serviceable". Long enough to find another in the draft or free agency.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm pretty much in that same place.

I can see giving him an opportunity with a new coaching staff, but there's no way I can see any talk of extending him at this point. He would have to prove he's something other than the guys weve seen these past 16 games.

black label

Reaction score
tumblr_mf0mp9p16Y1rvdvljo1_r2_500.gif

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I hate to say that I have, too. I really thought he was going to bounce back this season, but so far I've been very wrong.

He's still just one of many issues with the team currently, but that doesn't take away from him being terrible this season.

MojaveJT

Reaction score

I can see giving him an opportunity with a new coaching staff, but there's no way I can see any talk of extending him at this point. He would have to prove he's something other than the guys weve seen these past 16 games.

Which is why it's baffling that JJ even brought up his extension.

Let Dak play under a new staff for 2019. If he sucks, give him the boot and draft Tua in 2020.

SSoup

Reaction score
Oh, how cute that you have nothing better to do in life than obsess over what Skip Bayless thinks.

We're the worst fanbase sometimes.

:laugh:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Most of us realists have al well
Basically but I'm willing to at least see what he might do with a different offensive scheme. Don't know how it will improve accuracy and being scarred to let the ball go outside of a dump pass offense but I'll give him that. We keep Garrett dude has to go because he can't play as a true drop back passer.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Need some serious competition behind him next season. 4th year in his contract, bad third year - there is no excuse to go into 2019 with a scrub. Get a veteran to compete.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Dak is what Dak is, he will never be a franchise QB and we are about to pay him, just makes you wonder what us fans did wrong to be stuck with JJ

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Oh, how cute that you have nothing better to do in life than obsess over what Skip Bayless thinks.

We're the worst fanbase sometimes.

:laugh:
Like you keep up with other fanbases like that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is why it's baffling that JJ even brought up his extension.

Let Dak play under a new staff for 2019. If he sucks, give him the boot and draft Tua in 2020.

It sure just me spit balling but I think that Jerry feels that comments like that are showing Dak that he still supports him. Just like he has tried to do for his idiot head coach. So we get proganda instead of the truth.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need some serious competition behind him next season. 4th year in his contract, bad third year - there is no excuse to go into 2019 with a scrub. Get a veteran to compete.

Absolutely! The trouble is, I haven't seen too many options out there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm anticipating more losing to come -- quite likely enough to finish with a 6-10 record or thereabouts. It will definitely be intriguing to take witness as to how Jerry Jones might react to that particular sort of a scenario. Sure, he might very well extend Dak in the offseason, although it wouldn't necessarily have to entail an absurd contractual deal for an absurd amount of money.

A poor record such as the one I've suggested would afford him an ideal opportunity to put Dak on a prove-it type of contract without committing himself to an absurd contractual amount. Of course, that's assuming he's wily enough to conceive of such an opportunity to "eat his cake and have it too." This would allow Jerry to stall for time to observe things before committing himself foolishly.

From the looks of things, Dak needs to have more support from his receivers and his offensive line as well, to find something resembling a reasonably respectable degree of success (although, surely, nothing worthy of elite status.)

As it now stands, at best, Dak might well prove to be worthy of deserving a status as a backup, once another QB possibly enters the picture as a starter. This, too, would allow Jerry to stall for additional time. Understand that I'm not totally predicting this to happen, although it surely could if Jerry were inclined to make it so. In any case, it's simply food for thought as to what might be in the cards. Admittedly, anything can happen. ;)

Last edited: