Video: Skip say 3 meeting is because Jerry is conditioning our minds

32BellyOption

Reaction score
As I’ve said in other threads NOTHING would surprise me from Jerry. But I think this has only dragged into a third meeting because of two things. One, Jerry wants Zimmer and needs to wait till after Sunday to see if he gets fired. And two, Garrett is pleading for his job and is presenting a plan which includes new assistants and new schemes and out of his respect for Clappy, Jerry is playing along and listening. In the end Clappy is gone and we have a new coach. It just may not be the one we all want.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Skip to the 5:00 mark.

I said this the other day, Jerry is keeping Jason and he's just conditioning our mind that he will be back. Having all these meeting until it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be back, then sign him to a 2 year contract. Again, why have exit meetings with player that you're not going to coach next year.

I'm done if this happens.

Skip makes being a Cowboy fan a bad thing.
:(

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is right on a ton of levels. Jerry is going to extend his little buddy.

He is also right about cutting ties, but not being able to. That is exactly where I am with this franchise.

My mind is saying, go find another team to root for, why are you rooting for this **** show year after year, the franchise is run like crap and goes against everything you like as a fan.

However, my heart is with the star, and I just can't bring myself to root for any other team. Just too much history there.

Jerry is making it harder and harder to do that though.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is as good of an explanation as there is I guess. Of course nothing makes sense, but it is Jerry Jones. I have always said, don;t believe any stories about Garrett leaving until he is gone from the building.

Clearly, if Garrett was going to be fired it would have happened already. There is simply no explanation for Jerry to meet with him 3 times. Getting fired is not a negotiation. The Boss decides to fire you, calls you into his office, and says, "you're fired". Then you leave and that's it. Maybe Jerry is not completely convinced Garrett needs to go. Maybe he is hoping to come up with something he can use that would explain not firing Garrett. Maybe he already decided to keep him and these meetings are really just player and coach evaluations. Then why string along the media and the fans?

Maybe Jerry is trying to convince Garrett to move up into the front office to avoid having to fire him. Garrett has stated publicly he wants to coach. But again, why would it take 3 meetings? Jerry says, "Jason, we want you to take a job in an office by me", Garrett says, "No" and then they part ways. What negotiation would there be? Even if Garrett opened the door to taking a front office job, it would still end the saga, as the details could be worked out later.

Just prepare your mind that Garrett is the Cowboys head coach for the next 2 years. How bad is that? As long as Jerry doesn't convince him to take more responsibility for the offense we should be okay, assuming the ST coach is replaced and the DC role is ironed out. Garrett still sucks as a HC, but maybe an improvement by the defense and ST will at least get us a playoff berth in 2020.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I said this the other day, Jerry is keeping Jason and he's just conditioning our mind that he will be back. Having all these meeting until it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be back, then sign him to a 2 year contract. Again, why have exit meetings with player that you're not going to coach next year.

jerryjoneslaugh.jpg

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
This is as good of an explanation as there is I guess. Of course nothing makes sense, but it is Jerry Jones. I have always said, don;t believe any stories about Garrett leaving until he is gone from the building.

Clearly, if Garrett was going to be fired it would have happened already. There is simply no explanation for Jerry to meet with him 3 times. Getting fired is not a negotiation. The Boss decides to fire you, calls you into his office, and says, "you're fired". Then you leave and that's it. Maybe Jerry is not completely convinced Garrett needs to go. Maybe he is hoping to come up with something he can use that would explain not firing Garrett. Maybe he already decided to keep him and these meetings are really just player and coach evaluations. Then why string along the media and the fans?

Maybe Jerry is trying to convince Garrett to move up into the front office to avoid having to fire him. Garrett has stated publicly he wants to coach. But again, why would it take 3 meetings? Jerry says, "Jason, we want you to take a job in an office by me", Garrett says, "No" and then they part ways. What negotiation would there be? Even if Garrett opened the door to taking a front office job, it would still end the saga, as the details could be worked out later.

Just prepare your mind that Garrett is the Cowboys head coach for the next 2 years. How bad is that? As long as Jerry doesn't convince him to take more responsibility for the offense we should be okay, assuming the ST coach is replaced and the DC role is ironed out. Garrett still sucks as a HC, but maybe an improvement by the defense and ST will at least get us a playoff berth in 2020.
Nope, I will will be completely done watching and rooting for this team as everyone else should be. This team will not go where it needs to go with Garrett coaching it and thus the team deserves no support from anyone is that's the case.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's going on now could mean any of many things, or not mean much of anything at all. Why get worked up speculating? There will be plenty of time for that when we know.

By the way, does anyone not realize Skip's entire job is based on stirring up people who are looking to be stirred up, and it doesn't matter one iota if what he says to stir them up is based on even a shred of accuracy? Well, obviously there are people who don't realize, because it keeps working.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score

As am I.

My wife's team is the Chiefs. I'll just watch those games with her if Garrett is back. When Garrett is gone, I'll start watching Dallas games again.

"Oh, you aren't a real fan, Tass!" Yes I am...just going to take a timeout from being emotionally invested in the team until such time as I feel good about it again.

If you love Star Wars movies but you know the next one has a crappy director, not going to see that episode doesn't mean you don't like Star Wars anymore. It just means you know that particular movie is going to suck with that director directing and you wait for the next one to get released.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What's going on now could mean any of many things, or not mean much of anything at all. Why get worked up speculating? There will be plenty of time for that when we know.

By the way, does anyone not realize Skip's entire job is based on stirring up people who are looking to be stirred up, and it doesn't matter one iota if what he says to stir them up is based on even a shred of accuracy? Well, obviously there are people who don't realize, because it keeps working.

Skip is a total clown, but I think what he is saying here resonates with a lot of us fans.

Just wonder if Jerry understands the level of frustration the fans have right now.

Dracula

Reaction score
This is what I think. But I’d he keeps Garrett lol. Of course I’ll still watch, but there’s no way this guy will win us anything. This is why Jerry can’t be GM , he gets to damn close.
Jerry can't be GM because his freakin ego can't let him admit that Garrett has been a failure, which means his tenure as GM has been a big freakin failure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they are correct, why is Garrett sending the message to the office staff, coaching staff and players that he is leaving? They released the coaching staff to seek interviews. The players seem resigned to the idea that he is leaving.

Is what I have thought a lot this season actually fact? Is Garrett the one that doesn't want to stay and Booger is trying to negotiate with him for him to stay? If they were discussing a new role in the organization, Garrett is sending the wrong messages with his goodbye's. You say your goodbye's and walk out the door, you don't hang around and show up at the office for 3 meetings.

This 3rd meeting could be Booger's Hail Mary to convince him to stay because I believe Booger is at that stage where he doesn't want to break in a new HC when this one already knows how to make him comfortable.

Booger has been negotiating all of his business life and one thing he knows the value of in any negotiation is time. Time to let emotions subside, time to let ideas expand and in this case, time for the acceptance of a tough sell.

Look at us, are we not conditioning ourselves for him to extend Garrett? Time, with the help of these meetings taking place, is making that happen. He didn't announce Garrett would be leaving immediately like most wanted so what are you thinking now? Bayless is right about Booger milking the media, he's always done that but this may have more purpose than just exposure.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I highly doubt it's to keep Garrett as HC. Logic points to it as an attempt to move Garrett to the front office.
This makes no sense to me. No way any coach comes here knowing the old coach is still meddling with jerry's head...

Sydla

Reaction score
I believe it.

If Garrett gets through today's meeting and there is no announcement today or tomorrow and this drags into next week, it tells me Jerry wants him back and they are trying to figure out a way to do it and sell it to the fans.

Jerry is a fool and that final nail in the coffin of that will be when he tries to sell the fans on Garrett still being the answer.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I believe this, actually.

It was only less than a year ago that Jerry told us that Garrett would be the HC of the Cowboys "as long as he was around to spell it."

Sydla

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. No way any coach comes here knowing the old coach is still meddling with jerry's head...

Exactly.

What coach is going to want to come here and have the ex-coach sitting with Jerry constantly in his ear about what the coach screwed up, what Garrett would have done differently, etc?

It's dumb. It's idiotic. It's moronic. It's stupid. And yet, it's sooooooooooo Jerry Freaking Jones.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If they are correct, why is Garrett sending the message to the office staff, coaching staff and players that he is leaving? They released the coaching staff to seek interviews. The players seem resigned to the idea that he is leaving.

Is what I have thought a lot this season actually fact? Is Garrett the one that doesn't want to stay and Booger is trying to negotiate with him for him to stay? If they were discussing a new role in the organization, Garrett is sending the wrong messages with his goodbye's. You say your goodbye's and walk out the door, you don't hang around and show up at the office for 3 meetings.

This 3rd meeting could be Booger's Hail Mary to convince him to stay because I believe Booger is at that stage where he doesn't want to break in a new HC when this one already knows how to make him comfortable.

Booger has been negotiating all of his business life and one thing he knows the value of in any negotiation is time. Time to let emotions subside, time to let ideas expand and in this case, time for the acceptance of a tough sell.

Look at us, are we not conditioning ourselves for him to extend Garrett? Time, with the help of these meetings taking place, is making that happen. He didn't announce Garrett would be leaving immediately like most wanted so what are you thinking now? Bayless is right about Booger milking the media, he's always done that but this may have more purpose than just exposure.

What you are saying makes a lot of sense, however, logic and sense seem to go out the window when Jerry is involved.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip is a total clown, but I think what he is saying here resonates with a lot of us fans.

Just wonder if Jerry understands the level of frustration the fans have right now.
Do you think he really cares? He knows if there's a blowback like we're seeing here with "That's it! I am done!!!" that few will actually carry through with that, including here. Few fans are fans because of the HC.

The one thing we know for sure about Booger is that he's Mr. Optimism so which group of people is he thinking about, the ones that don't like Garrett or the ones that do? And is the sight of him on another team's sideline, particularly a division foe, the worst thing he can picture? His family gone over to the other side.

Last edited: