Video: Skip: This was the most humiliating game in the history of the Dallas Cowboys

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Yes, and that's why I was telling people last week the it can get worse. We play the NFC East the next few games and when we get destroyed by them, it will be rock bottom.

I think you’re right.

I can see the low point being a blowout loss to Philly when a sub-mediocre QB like Wentz looks like Joe Montana when he inevitably feasts on our weak defense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not hardly, I'll take that one in PHL, 44-6, to end the Cowboys season and that report from The Ticket reporter on the plane ride home. They didn't want to win and keep playing, they wanted to go on vacations.

John813

Reaction score
History of the 2020 season maybe. Still got 9 more games to up this one

Plankton

Reaction score
it’s neither of those games. Those were losses to good teams.

I don’t know which is the most pathetic ever but this loss yesterday was on the list. The one that always jumps out to me in my mind was the loss at St.louis in 2008. A terrible rams team torched Dallas and they all pouted. Romo wasn’t there to bring them back.

getting blown out at Washington in December of 05 is on the list also. Again that was a loss to a good team.

yesterday Dallas lost to the sisters of the poor.

Let's see.....

1983 playoffs against the Rams was really bad.
1985 playoffs agains the Rams was really bad.
1987 loss to the replacement Skins was really bad.
1998 playoffs against Arizona was really bad.
2002 debut game for the Texans was really bad.
2002 loss in the Meadowlands to the Giants was really bad.
2008 loss to the Eagles was really bad.
2019 loss to the Eagles was really bad.

Yesterday was a crapfest to be sure. I don't think that it was worse than any of the above.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Skip gets paid to make headlines so he has to operate in extremes. Yesterday was a horrible loss but truth is I had predicted we'd lose 24-10. A backup OL up against Washington's 1st round heavy DL and a backup statue for a QB coupled with an all time bad defense? Anyone expecting more was kidding themselves.

I'll always hope for a win but I wouldn't put my hard earned money on this team... not a chance.
I was predicting a loss as well but there is a difference between getting beat by better players as opposed to rolling over with no pride. The players left have no heart with the exception of Pollard who is the only one I could see with any fight left.

stiletto

Reaction score
I doubt we win another game...it's how the team looks when losing is what's going to kill us all...

Motorola

Reaction score
I disagree. The last game at Texas stadium where we rolled over for the Ravens on national prime time tv was pretty embarrassing........ then the 44-6 loss to philly.[/QUOTE
Humiliating is having a talented team whose effort and execution are both negated by a more talented team to the tune of a rout. It is questionable whether Dallas was more talented than Washington. Washington defense is certainly better than Dallas'. Another certainty is Dallas putting forth junior high effort. Let me apologize to junior high teams for typing that.

Humiliating (and humbling) to me happened November 1985, 44-0, to the Chicago Bears on their way to a certain Super Bowl victory. Cowboys were railroaded. And it was not due to lack of effort. Dallas was outplayed, Dallas was outcoached, Into mush that day. It was solely "Here is your <expletive> whooping. You're welcome."

Yesterday's game was sad and pathetic but the most humiliating? I totally disagree.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone think Bayless may have been SLIGHTLY exaggerating since he is a highly paid shock jock sports show host?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
There have been so many embarrassing losses since Jimmy left that I can't keep track of them anymore.

Motorola

Reaction score
Let's see.....

1983 playoffs against the Rams was really bad.
1985 playoffs agains the Rams was really bad.
1987 loss to the replacement Skins was really bad.
1998 playoffs against Arizona was really bad.
2002 debut game for the Texans was really bad.
2002 loss in the Meadowlands to the Giants was really bad.
2008 loss to the Eagles was really bad.
2019 loss to the Eagles was really bad.

Yesterday was a crapfest to be sure. I don't think that it was worse than any of the above.
[/QUOTE
A month later in the 1985 season, the Bengals put up 50 points on the scoreboard (Dallas scored 24).
2000 season opener at Texas Stadium aka "The Pickle Juice Game"
Eagles 41, Cowboys 14. Our QB was knocked out of that game too with a concussion (Aikman).
I was around to watch these blowout defeats.....
1972 NFC Championship: Commanders 26, Cowboys 3.
Dallas debut on 'Monday Night Football' at the Cotton Bowl:
St. Louis Cardinals 38, Cowboys 0.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It is bad, but I wouldn't apply the superlative label to it, because this has been going on for 6 weeks now, and if you still don't see it coming, you are a fool. This team is more em-meh-rrassing that embarrassing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Humiliating is having a talented team whose effort and execution are both negated by a more talented team to the tune of a rout. It is questionable whether Dallas was more talented than Washington. Washington defense is certainly better than Dallas'. Another certainty is Dallas putting forth junior high effort. Let me apologize to junior high teams for typing that.

Humiliating (and humbling) to me happened November 1985, 44-0, to the Chicago Bears on their way to a certain Super Bowl victory. Cowboys were railroaded. And it was not due to lack of effort. Dallas was outplayed, Dallas was outcoached, Into mush that day. It was solely "Here is your <expletive> whooping. You're welcome."

Yesterday's game was sad and pathetic but the most humiliating? I totally disagree.

I disagree, there is nothing humiliating about getting beat by a simply better team. I'm sure all of us that played football back in high school remember when you had to play that one team in your district that was a 5A powerhouse and even though everybody tried their best you just couldnt compete with them because half their dam players had scholarship offers.

So yeah, they would whoop you like you stole something, we lost one year 52-12 in a game like that. Nobody felt humiliated because everybody on our team was playing their guts out and giving it their all, and the following year we played them again and we only lost 24-14 and we celebrated like it was homecoming because we figured not getting blown out was literally a win for us, lol.

This Cowboys team is totally different, they are not even trying. Watch the video and Sharp shows a play where the RB runs straight up the gut and everybody just stands there looking, both the A and B gaps are wide open. That is not a talent issue where the other team is just soo much better, that is an effort and pure lack of desire to compete. That is what is truly humiliating, the total and complete lack of will to compete.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This team needs a franchise QB......just ask the Bucs and Mr. Brady!@

Yes lets put a rookie in there at QB on this team..did you trade Herschel to the Vikes so you could fix the other REAL holes we have that you neglected with the first pick?