Twitter: Slater: Aldon Smith giving Tyron Smith trouble

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Every time you see a report like this during team practices you have to ask if the guy winning that good? or is the guy losing just not very good? We hope Aldon Smith is just that good. But it could just be that Tyron is losing it a little more each year. We will not know until they face other competition.

I am rooting for Aldon.

Or is the player getting beat more focused on technique and or a new assignment and not all out performance. If Tyron was working on his foot work or hand placement then he would not care as much about the result of the drill.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Well there's probably only 3 or 4 tackles in the NFL that are better than Tyron right now so this is great news. Lord knows we need it after "Step on Foot Gate"

aria

Reaction score
I'll take this every day of the week.

Theres always that camp oddness of when one player wins someone else loses, but I have zero worries about Tyron from a skill POV.

If Aldon Smith was smoking Mitch Hyatt, that's something else.
You mean like how Rico Gathers would be the best TE the Cowboys ever had...until game day?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every time you see a report like this during team practices you have to ask if the guy winning that good? or is the guy losing just not very good? We hope Aldon Smith is just that good. But it could just be that Tyron is losing it a little more each year. We will not know until they face other competition.

I am rooting for Aldon.
Maybe Tyron is just giving him a bit of confidence. lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Or is the player getting beat more focused on technique and or a new assignment and not all out performance. If Tyron was working on his foot work or hand placement then he would not care as much about the result of the drill.
I honestly doubt he's working on new technique, with as much success as he's had....unless he has to change something up to compensate for an injury or something.

blueblood70

Reaction score
im sure TS is playing 110% in a practice with zero to prove against a guy hungry to play.. trust me hes not most likely giving Smith 70% hes not Going to hurt himself i a practice..

Practice? lol you talkin practice

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I am rooting for Aldon.

Every year there is talk about someone beating Tyron in practice. I think he broke either Gregory or DLaw in camp, maybe both.

He's got ~80lbs on the guys playing against him. I expect that he's not going 100% to avoid breaking them anymore.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He can lose a little for years and still be a top level OT. im not worried about Smith.

Healthier last year than he has been in years. Didn't look like an old man with a bad back. Only missed games because someone rolled up on the back of his leg, not because of chronic problems.

Tyron's improved health last year was a huge bright spot. He's in the underpriced portion of his contract now, and still playing great.