Twitter: Slater: Cowboys fielding calls for Amari

The Realist

Reaction score
It's being reported by various reporters.

Deal with it.

Need a tissue?

Why would I need a tissue. I think Amari is legit number one WR. I think we will be worse off without him. Lamb isn’t close to ready to be a number one. I think Amari could put up Cupp numbers if we didn’t target Wilson more than him. But teams trading for guys they know you are gonna cut isn’t how this works. I’m guessing the phone is ringing for DLaw too?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Oh lord, this can't be good. I don't think Jerry has ever engineered a trade that netted a premium pick. Jimmy Johnson used to wheel and deal all the time. Jerry is always a buyer.

Prediction: Jacksonville takes Amari. We send Amari and second rounder to the Jags. In exchange, Jerry gets Amari off the books and a box of stone crabs.

LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I can think of Atlanta, Denver, GB, Baltimore, NE, Titans that might be interested in Cooper. Most probably Titans and Denver as their windows are closing. NE will kick the tires, but they are notoriously cheap in trades. Atlanta is in rebuild mode perhaps but they did lose their top WR....Baltimore can be formidable with Cooper.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Only reason I could see this, teams know if Jerrah releases him, then it becomes a feeding frenzy, so some know Jerrah will bite for a 5th or 6th rounder.

stinkface

Reaction score
He is the perfect fit in NE with that QB. Also keeps his mouth shut which seems to be the New England way.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can think of Atlanta, Denver, GB, Baltimore, NE, Titans that might be interested in Cooper. Most probably Titans and Denver as their windows are closing. NE will kick the tires, but they are notoriously cheap in trades. Atlanta is in rebuild mode perhaps but they did lose their top WR....Baltimore can be formidable with Cooper.
New England I can see.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind even trading within the division if it means we yield better compensation.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We better be.To not get at least a 3rd rounder for a experienced top WR in his prime athletic years is a crime

Yep, but really...getting anything is a plus if we get to drop the salary.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind even trading within the division if it means we yield better compensation.

Imagine if he was dealt to Washington to play with Wince. :popcorn:

Can't see that happening, though.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn’t get a decent offer for him he should just restructure Cooper’s contract and try to trade him next year.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So we're rolling into the new season with no Amari Coop or Cedrick Wilson and Gallup coming back from a torn ACL. Sweet.

Don't worry...they are "confident" Gallup will return and continue to be not as good as Wilson.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Unfortunately Denver doesn't have too much to offer since they traded for Wilson.