Twitter: Slater: Cowboys Final Offer between 33-35 AAV. 100+ guarenteed

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m not surprised they’re standing firm. I also can see one last ditch effort by both sides ahead of the deadline.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But if it's all about 4 years vs 5 years, how will an extra year change that? If he won't sign for more than 4 years now, he certainly not going to do it a year from now. Likewise, doesn't look like they have any intention of doing 4 years. Honestly, it's crazy and beyond stupid to let a one-year difference become a deal killer.

If you ask me........it sounds more like reasons/excuses NOT to do the deal by both.

pansophy

Reaction score
But if it's all about 4 years vs 5 years, how will an extra year change that? If he won't sign for more than 4 years now, he certainly not going to do it a year from now. Likewise, doesn't look like they have any intention of doing 4 years. Honestly, it's crazy and beyond stupid to let a one-year difference become a deal killer.

If you ask me........it sounds more like reasons/excuses NOT to do the deal by both.
That's exactly right. If Dak plays on the tag then he is not going to be a Cowboy long term. We might be looking at Dalton a lot in practice to see if can step in after Dak goes next year -- if we even have a season.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Dak really playing a risky game here. If he plays on the tag, and doesnt lead the team deep into the playoffs, he loses a lot of leverage. Especially with that OL, WR mix and a top 3 RB as well as a new coaching staff. Worse if he plays bad in the playoffs or down the stretch against good teams. Not to mention the risk of a career ending injury.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong, but besides Mahomes, what QB has gotten paid since Goff?

What Mahomes got should not impact Dak’s contract at all.
Well it’s not the same deal bc they signed 4 year deals and they want Dak to sign 5. So he’s giving up an extra year with less or the same gtd money. Why would he do that?