Twitter: Slater seem confident Zeke will likely avoid suspension

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The public can see what happened. It really is a bad look but clearly not something that warrants a suspension. The meeting yesterday was likely all about Zeke showing contrition and the league telling him to clean up his act. The PR for the league would be terrible if there is a suspension as you've got a guy maybe bumping someone ... and you've got others beating their kids. The comparisons will be brutal when comparing how many games Zeke gets vs. Hill (e.g. is bumping a security guard 1/4 of the offense as breaking your kid's arm?)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought all along that Goodell just wanted to try to scare him into better behavior. Don't think he ever intended to suspend a player for that little video.

I know the conspiracy theories run rampant around here, but I don't think the league wants to suspend Zeke any more than it feels it has to. It's almost like an NBA star who has one technical -- the league doesn't want to give that second one and actually kick him out.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke says he’s going to stay out of these situations but keeps getting into them. Start hanging out with the responsible players or stay home!

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry was confident last time.

Alas, I agree there probably won't be a suspension

cut.jpg