Twitter: Slater's take on the Cowboys final board

starfan1

Reaction score
Trading back to get Ruiz and still getting a day 1 defensive starter with the extra pick works for me.

I dont see center as a huge need but one I had hoped they would address in the draft in late rounds. It wouldn't anger me at all if this happened.

Ill add this as well. I keep seeing all these reports of folks they believe will be gone by the time the cowboys select and Im just not thinking they all can be gone. there will be quality there. The last thing I want to happen is for a reach like last year.

McKinney and Delphit should be a trade down. I think one of the players the boys covet will be there as there are too many spots to fill.

Last edited:

Batman1980

Reaction score
Too many needs on this team to take a QB in the 1st round, as much as I think it would apply needed pressure to Dak's camp to sign ASAP.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I dont see center as a huge need but one I had hoped they would address in the draft in late rounds. It wouldn't anger me at all if this happened.

Well I see it like this. Ruiz, a RDE and possibly a CB in the 1st 2 rounds would help us more than just a RDE and a C or a CB. Get as many day 1 starters as you can to maximize the chances Big Mike can help us move past the Garrett era.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
IF we trade back to the bottom of 1st.......I'm all for taking Ruiz. It would lock down the center position for the next 5 years. Certain during a time we'd likely move on from Tyrone and have to extend Martin again.

Bottom line, this would my 4th option if Chaisson and Henderson are gone and Jets won't move Adams straight up for 17.