Sleepers, get your red hot sleepers right here...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I was going through the list of Pro Day workouts over on NFL.com, and found a few players that I found intriguing, whom I'd never heard of before:

Victor Mann, FB, Kansas State... 6-1, 280 pounds, 4.5 second 40... that's not a typo, he reportedly ran a 4.5 40 at the workout... at 280 pounds!!! The K-State website says he's a strong blocker...

Rodney Thompson, DT, North Dakota State... 6-2, 325 pounds, 5.05 second 40... if this guy couldn't make it at DT, move him to C or OG... did play NT in college... actually had 10 sacks as a junior, but wasn't nearly as productive in that department his other years...

Seppo Evwaraye (ain't that a GREAT name??), OT, Nebraska... 6-4, 320 pounds, 5.05 second 40... is apparently pretty powerful, having won the team's Lifter of the Year award in 2005... a converted DT, has played both RT and LT... BTW, the name is Finnish...

Like I said, I hadn't heard of any of those guys, which leads me to believe any or all of them might go undrafted... but I am intrigued by what I've read about each...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
LOL
:lmao2:

good to know somethings never change

Bear likes converted Dlineman that play on the oline with attitude

A BIG FB that can run

and a short fat guy that can double as a fire hydrant

***nice find my friend I am again intrigued

silverbear

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
LOL
:lmao2:

good to know somethings never change

Bear likes converted Dlineman that play on the oline with attitude

A BIG FB that can run

and a short fat guy that can double as a fire hydrant

Guilty on all charges, Zax... LOL...

I first started my partiality for converting defensive linemen to the offensive line when Mark Tuinei had such success with that move... that was about the same time I developed my interest in players of Polynesian descent...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
silverbear said:

I first started my partiality for converting defensive linemen to the offensive line when Mark Tuinei had such success with that move... that was about the same time I developed my interest in players of Polynesian descent...

Tom had done it before you know

shame about Tui...He was a tough SOB

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Are they likely to be drafted or FAs
Definitely drafted.
But Jennings shouldn't go until the 3rd round and Gocong maybe the 4th.
They're not super sleepers that will go overlooked... but I like them both better than many 1st and 2nd round players.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Definitely drafted.
But Jennings shouldn't go until the 3rd round and Gocong maybe the 4th.
They're not super sleepers that will go overlooked... but I like them both better than many 1st and 2nd round players.

Ah gotcha :) I get to see few college games here so I cannot even make a good educated guess on lots of players

silverbear

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I have the 2 greatest sleepers in my sig. Perfect for Dallas.:D

Gocong ain't no sleeper any more... he might even wind up being a first day pick...

Rockytop6

Reaction score
silverbear said:

I also like DL converted to the OL. They seem to have a little meaner streak.

silverbear

Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
I also like DL converted to the OL. They seem to have a little meaner streak.

That, and they seem to be a little quicker...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]Middle Tennessee Athlete[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Jeff Littlejohn
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]
Class:
r-Sr.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2] Position: DL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2] Height: 6-2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2] Weight: 318 pounds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2] Previous School: Gaffney[/SIZE]

pic6830.jpg
[SIZE=-2]

Hometown:
Gaffney, SC[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]2005: Voted the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year and was selected first team all-conference ... Was also tabbed the Rutherford County Reader Player of the Year ... Was selected to play in the Las Vegas Bowl All-Star Game ... Started all 12 games at defensive tackle ... Finished the year with a career-best 34 tackles while adding 7.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, an interception, and a blocked field goal ... Collected four stops in the loss to Alabama ... Played one of the best games in his Blue Raider career against North Texas with six total stops, two tackles for loss, a sack, and a blocked field goal ... It was the first block of his career ... Had four tackles versus Vanderbilt and was a huge reason the Blue Raider defense shut down the Commodore running game ... Collected three tackles at FAU but his contribution can not be seen statistically as he was a major reason the Owls only had 104 yards rushing ... Was in on four tackles (three solos) and had a pass breakup versus ULL ... Held to just one tackle against Louisiana-Monroe ...Had three stops, including 1.5 tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries against NC State ... Came up with his first career interception in win at Troy to go along with three tackles and a quarterback sack ... Had three tackles at FIU and a quarterback hurry. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2] 2004: Earned the defense's Most Valuable Player award during 2004 spring drills ... Played in nine contests with five starts, registering 17 total stops including 1.5 for loss and one fumble recovery ... Drew start in opener at Akron, registering team-leading eight tackles including four solos ... Had two stops at Louisiana-Lafayette ... Injured in first quarter at North Texas and did not return ... Did not play versus Arkansas State and at Florida ... Collected three tackles versus Idaho and one at New Mexico State ... Lone tackle versus Louisiana-Monroe was for loss of yards ... Made two tackles, 0.5 for loss, and recovered a fumble in finale at Troy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]2003: Saw action in all 12 games, including eight as a starter ... Racked up a career-best 31 tackles to go along with 2.5 tackles for loss and a sack on the season ... Had two tackles, including a quarterback sack against FAU ... Registered three stops at Georgia and one at Clemson (started against the Tigers) ... Also had three tackles at Missouri and against NMSU ... Had a career-best six stops at Idaho ... Forced a fumble and had five tackles in the win over Troy State ... Collected four tackles in win over Arkansas State. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2] 2002: Played in all 12 games and earned a start against Utah State in the season finale ... Totaled 13 stops and 1.5 tackles for loss on the year ... Registered a season-high three tackles in games against Louisiana-Lafayette and New Mexico State ... Had two tackles against Kentucky and Arkansas State. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2] High School: Regarded as one of the top five defensive linemen in the nation coming out of Gaffney High School ... Rated the No. 6 defensive lineman prospect in the nation by ESPN and the No. 63 player overall in the country ... Also rated Prep Star's No. 16 prospect overall in the Atlantic region ... As a senior, he registered 89 tackles, 12 for losses, 18 quarterback hurries, 18 sacks (single-season record), 22 pass breakups, and two interceptions ... Led team to a state championship and a 14-1 record as a junior ... In his high school career, Littlejohn tallied 250 tackles, 40 sacks, 35 pass breakups, 29 hurries, three interceptions, and three blocked field goals ... Originally chose Miami, FL, over Clemson, Tennessee, South Carolina, Michigan State, and West Virginia ... After failing to meet NCAA academic guidelines, Littlejohn opted not to go to junior college and instead enrolled at Middle Tennessee in 2001. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2] Personal: Parents: James and Dorothy Littlejohn ... Born: 2/14/83 ... Major: Physical Education. [/SIZE]

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I was going through the list of Pro Day workouts over on NFL.com, and found a few players that I found intriguing, whom I'd never heard of before:

Victor Mann, FB, Kansas State... 6-1, 280 pounds, 4.5 second 40... that's not a typo, he reportedly ran a 4.5 40 at the workout... at 280 pounds!!! The K-State website says he's a strong blocker...

Rodney Thompson, DT, North Dakota State... 6-2, 325 pounds, 5.05 second 40... if this guy couldn't make it at DT, move him to C or OG... did play NT in college... actually had 10 sacks as a junior, but wasn't nearly as productive in that department his other years...

Seppo Evwaraye (ain't that a GREAT name??), OT, Nebraska... 6-4, 320 pounds, 5.05 second 40... is apparently pretty powerful, having won the team's Lifter of the Year award in 2005... a converted DT, has played both RT and LT... BTW, the name is Finnish...

Like I said, I hadn't heard of any of those guys, which leads me to believe any or all of them might go undrafted... but I am intrigued by what I've read about each...

Dude, you got me all excited. I thought you were selling hot, new Cowboys jammies.

silverbear

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
Dude, you got me all excited. I thought you were selling hot, new Cowboys jammies.

Sorry, bears don't wear jammies...

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Sorry, bears don't wear jammies...

Maybe not, but I'll bet you live in the woods.

Seriously, though, the Finnish player from Nebraska is intriguing. Weren't Pat Donavan and Mark Tuinei converted d-linemen? They didn't turn out so bad.

silverbear

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
Maybe not, but I'll bet you live in the woods.

As a matter of fact, I do... got a 75 foot cliff for a back yard, with a stream at the base of it that runs directly under my back porch (the supports for the porch are sunk the creek bed)... look out my bedroom window, and you see the George Washington National Forest...

Don't have a neighbor for a mile in any direction... lived here for 30 years now, and only just got the road paved last summer...

So yes, this Bear DOES defecate in the woods... :D

BigWillie

Reaction score
Bear, their is a reason Seppo will go undrafted. He converted to o-line two years ago and looked somewhat promising and was given a starting position. By the end of the year he had been beaten out by a true freshman in Matt Slauson.

As a Nebraska fan, I felt sorry for Zac Taylor and Cory Ross. Taylor was getting decked game after game (38 sacks this year) but somehow battled thru it. I wish I had the picture from the KState game where he was knocked out cold.

Cory Ross had the potential to be a 1st Team All-Conference player alongside AD before the season started. If you thought Julius Jones had no holes to run thru, ask Cory Ross about how bad a line can possibly get.

Nebraska's line was HORRIFIC this past year. Once they removed two senior tackles (Seppo and Fuamatu-Thomas) and replaced them with Chris Patrick, Matt Slauson and Lydon Murtha, the offense took off in the Colorado and Michigan games as was witnessed by alot of the country. It was almost like night and day.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
silverbear said:
So yes, this Bear DOES defecate in the woods... :D
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/***/wild_bear.jpg