Slow Day

AJM1613

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1829217

It remains the longest of long shots, but there is still some chance that unrestricted free agent middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter could return to the Philadelphia Eagles, a team with which he made two Pro Bowl appearances but which also released him in the spring of 2002. Word is that Trotter was trying to contact some Philadelphia officials this week, most notably coach Andy Reid, to see if there were any residual hard feelings that might preclude the club from reuniting him with coordinator Jim Johnson. Trotter, or course, was tagged as a "franchise" player by the Eagles in 2002, but the team subsequently rescinded that marker, making him a free agent. Trotter signed with Washington, had two good but not spectacular seasons, then was cut this spring for salary cap considerations. Philadelphia returns Mark Simoneau at middle linebacker and, while the spin from the Eagles is that the four-year veteran has looked improved in his second spring in their system, he is definitely coming off a roller coaster '03 season. But Johnson prefers a middle linebacker who can "run downhill" to the ball, and Simoneau might be quicker than Trotter at this point. Trotter remains a solid defender against the run, but past knee problems have reduced his range, for sure. It's a bit surprising that Minnesota, which has projected second-year pro E.J. Henderson into the starting middle linebacker vacancy created by the retirement of Greg Biekert, hasn't considered signing Trotter, at least as an insurance policy. Henderson is talented by has been hounded this spring by a series of offseason problems. He was found guilty on Thursday of drunken driving charges in Maryland and was allegedly involved in a June 6 melee outside a Minneapolis night club.

AJM1613

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Not that slow. :D

NFL BOARD, with your buddy Armaggeden. :p
**shiver**

no one ever posts their so I assume no one reads it. It is kind of slow, what happened today???

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
You know AJM, I keep checking the NFL transactions list to see if Trotter has been picked up.

Not because I want to see him here, or that he's needed, but because I am afraid the longer he is "out there" , the harder it wil be for Bill's life long linebacker fetish to lie dormant.

I kid you not. The very mention of the name Trotter is cause for concern.

I hope you guys DO re-sign him.

Pronto.

AJM1613

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
You know AJM, I keep checking the NFL transactions list to see if Trotter has been picked up.

Not because I want to see him here, or that he's needed, but because I am afraid the longer he is "out there" , the harder it wil be for Bill's life long linebacker fetish to lie dormant.

I kid you not. The very mention of the name Trotter is cause for concern.

I hope you guys DO re-sign him.

Pronto.
Kiss any chance of Dat going to the Pro Bowl good bye if he comes back. :cool:

Roughneck

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
The most comical thing I've ever seen you write. Although, the fact that your an Eagles fan is hilarious in its' own right.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Dream on, kid.

Trotter isn't going to play like "Dat" again in this lifetime.

I'd kind of like to see him sign on with the Jets IF he isn't looking to break another bank.

The Jets just rid themselves of two once excellent LBS, two old Parcells guys - Mo Lewis and Marivn Jones. Sam Cowart is getting moved to MLB, and I don't know about that one. He never fully came back from his Achilles injury, and like Trotter, is now lacking in range. But he also never played 4-3 MLB.

With kids to bring along like rookie Jonathan Vilma and second year player Victor Hobson (love this kid), I think there could be a role for Trotter.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
The most comical thing I've ever seen you write. Although, the fact that your an Eagles fan is hilarious in its' own right.
Trotter was better than Dat is now when he played for the Eagles. If he can return to form (he is only 27.428 years old, 10,018 days) and he is one season recovered from his knee injury.

EDIT: Dat is 28.750, 10,501 days old

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Trotter was better than Dat is now when he played for the Eagles. If he can return to form (he is only 27.428 years old, 10,018 days) and he is one season recovered from his knee injury.

EDIT: Dat is 28.750, 10,501 days old

While Trotter didn't perform well with the R-Skins, he may play back to Pro-Bowl form in an environment he's used to (e.g., the Eagles). Sure, we'll consider a pro-bowler to give More depth to our already deep defensive roster. :D

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The year Trotter went to the Probowl with the eagles, Dat had the very same numbers, except one issue. Dat had more tackles.

This has been argued at length.

The Probowl is a popularity contest that requires your team to be going somewhere in most cases.

The league ignores players on losing teams, even when they excell.

AJM1613

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
While Trotter didn't perform well with the R-Skins, he may play back to Pro-Bowl form in an environment he's used to (e.g., the Eagles). Sure, we'll consider a pro-bowler to give More depth to our already deep defensive roster. :D
Trotter did have a good season with the Commanders last year (113 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 interception and 10 pass deflections), that is how I know he can still play. You're right, it would give us depth more than anything else.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
The year Trotter went to the Probowl with the eagles, Dat had the very same numbers, except one issue. Dat had more tackles.

This has been argued at length.

The Probowl is a popularity contest that requires your team to be going somewhere in most cases.

The league ignores players on losing teams, even when they excell.
Oh really???

Dat had 112 tackles that year (90 solo) and Trotter had 115 (93 solo). Trotter also had 3.5 sacks compared to Dat's 0. Trotter also had 2 interceptions compared to Dat's 0. Trotter had 8 pass deflections and Dat had 2.

In this case the better player with the better stats got to the Pro Bowl.

EDIT: You can't compare the ammount of tackles players had on different teams so that stat means nothing anyways.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Forgiveme, I erred.

Yet, 3 whole sacks, two interceptions and 3 tackles.

On a team that wwent to the play-offs versus a player on a team that went 5-11.

Yes, I see how Trotter was vastly superior.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
Forgiveme, I erred.

Yet, 3 whole sacks, two interceptions and 3 tackles.

On a team that wwent to the play-offs versus a player on a team that went 5-11.

Yes, I see how Trotter was vastly superior.
I never said vastly but he was the better player that year and did deserve to go to the Pro Bowl.

You forgot the 6 PD :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
I never said vastly but he was the better player that year and did deserve to go to the Pro Bowl.

You forgot the 6 PD :D

You know I remember when JB was killed.

I knew right then and there Philly had turned over the keys to the palace to the Cowboys.

A pretty senseless accident for Philly fans to endure.

That was a heck of an defensive line. I thought it was JB that made that defense go.

AJM1613

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Don't lose that humor thing ya got going there. :)
Too bad it's true. The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest and you know that Trotter would be on more highlight reels than Dat and would make the Pro Bowl just because of his name. If he can play the way he did when he was with us then no, I wasn't kidding.

Or we could bring him in for depth as a backup because of his knee.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Too bad it's true. The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest and you know that Trotter would be on more highlight reels than Dat and would make the Pro Bowl just because of his name.
You wouldn't be spouting this stuff if he was still a Skin... that's a fact. If you spouted a few facts, I would think you were Art from Extremeskins, the way he flip-flops on guys who leave and come to the Commanders. This is hilarious.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
You wouldn't be spouting this stuff if he was still a Skin... that's a fact. If you spouted a few facts, I would think you were Art from Extremeskins, the way he flip-flops on guys who leave and come to the Commanders. This is hilarious.
Because he is an Eagle he would play better, he has proven that. If he is on any other team than no he wouldn't be a Pro Bowler. I know this and Trotter knows this, that is why he is trying to become an Eagle again. Some players are products of the system. Taylor was one and Trotter is one, just like Portis (who is going into the same system) and Olandis Gary. Just like Gary Payton in LA (I know differnet sport).

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
You wouldn't be spouting this stuff if ...If you spouted a few facts, I would think you were Art from Extremeskins, the way he flip-flops

IC,

AJM is not spouting. Spouting gives off such a Negative connotation. You want facts that he already gave you. Re-read his posts, because he is not flip-floping on this issue. He even pointed out to me that Trotter indeed had a good year with the Skins!

I was going to point out some of AJMs facts, but you can do the math (your own research).

But here's a fact from me ... Trotter will bring his game to a different level if he plays with the Eagles. Why? For several reasons ...

Eagle Coaching - that's what got him to the Pro bowl in the first place

Eagles Defense - Charged and ready! Everyone knows that the quality of your game increases when you play with higher talented players.

Trotter Himself - He's hungry to get back to his Pro Bowl status; perhaps a SB Ring!

No IC, AJM wasn't trying to make you laugh! :confused: