Slow start, dominant finish

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense showed up stout and contained, punished the giants all game.
Kudos to my boy Quinn.

clearly the offense played better in the second half, check that, Dak played better in the second half. But really the Giants had a bunch of rejects in the secondary who practiced together for TWO DAYS!!
So yeah, Dak looked better in the second half but which Dak shows next week?

Mike, you have nothing to do with the defense and special teams, CAN YOU PLEASE GET A HANDLE ON PENALTIES?
We have three easy teams coming up, let's put it all together!

cristglo

Reaction score
My frustration is we play GB who had so many injuries and we basically stank it up. We go to Minny looking like an SB contender. Then here come the Giants who only had one starter on the OL and NO WR to speak of and in the first half we made them look like All pros.
I still believe that KM needs to go. Stupid penalties just add up. Still have concerns about stopping the run.
I hate GB but please Rodgers beat Philly.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My frustration is we play GB who had so many injuries and we basically stank it up. We go to Minny looking like an SB contender. Then here come the Giants who only had one starter on the OL and NO WR to speak of and in the first half we made them look like All pros.
I still believe that KM needs to go. Stupid penalties just add up. Still have concerns about stopping the run.

Welcome To The NFL. Boom.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's why I don't call them idiots or keep saying team is stupid until the game is over. Lol
This is a fourth quarter league. All the trash in the first half. And then you end up eating your words later in the game. I totally agree. Keep your mouth shut til it’s over

starfan1

Reaction score
What’s the fun in not overreacting?! Lol
I’d like to say that’s it’s just you but I think I participate in over reacting as well

the Bob hayes thread was comical and indicative of fan bases

blueblood70

Reaction score
They will have to against the Niners and Eagles………consistency has not yet arrived.
right and the eagles games are all rainbows and sunshine. THey dont struggle or have sloppy ugly wins??

most teams play 60 mins and games are ebs and flows..this isnt win 1, lose 1 kind of year...

8-3 is consistently winning. show me a team in recent history that was super consistent end to end without and adversity or an ugly loss or ugly win?? heck 9ers and rams had all kinds of issues last year and came on at the right time but in no way did they show greatness in many stretches, it took time.. heck Rams had adversity in the SB nearly lost and pulled it out, this IS football, not sure what you think you need to see but not many game go like the Vikes games.. BTW i remember many years with games like this even in the 90s you think they cruised through every game? NOPE

all games are officially 60mins you play to the final whistle, if you look up and you won the game, that all that matters. its week-to-week league that seen full parity arrive.

Last edited:

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I am Aaron Rogers' biggest fan this week. I just threw up in my mouth.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
BTW i remember many years with games lie this even in the 90s you think they cruised through every game? NOPE
This is a good point. We have a tendency to put the early 90s Cowboys on a pedestal as though they were the perfect team with no adversity. But after reviewing old games on YouTube, I see a team that is human after all. Sure, more ups than downs, but they weren't perfect by any means.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is a good point. We have a tendency to put the early 90s Cowboys on a pedestal as though they were the perfect team with no adversity. But after reviewing old games on YouTube, I see a team that is human after all. Sure, more ups than downs, but they weren't perfect by any means.
right, including Troy which had many games that he threw INts, he threw far more int ie worse TD-INT ratio then dak, but Dak gets nitpicked to death, if hes not perfect, hes trashed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree the Cowboys probably would’ve lost this type of game in the past. It had all the makings of a loss. We got behind early. We got stopped on a fourth downplay and Dak had a couple of INT’s, one right before the half giving the Giants a cheap three points. I think most of us thought the Cowboys were going to end up losing but it was a tale of two half’s and they came out firing on all cylinders in the second half. With that being said, they still have to get off the better starts or it will catch up with them if they make the playoffs. We have to clean up the penalties and mistakes.