Slow Starts?

Viper

Reaction score
I love Romo, he’s really developing into a top of the line quarterback. He has one problem though, he's erratic early in his game. This team needs to find a solution to this problem. It takes him the first and sometimes part of the second quarter to settle down. In the first quarter of every game his passes seem to sail on him.

I believe in this kid, I also believe with time and experience this problem will solve itself. This is his first year as a starting quarterback. However the team needs to try to help this kid find his rhythm earlier in games this year.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think we can help him out on that. Gameplan for the beginning of the game to be more short passes to get him into a rhythm and then open it up as you get into the 2nd quarter. I'm not sure he's ever going to get over this. I mean he literally has done this every single game he's started that I can remember.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
I'm dissapointed why we can't get even a few yards running the ball in early drives.

Yes-today was an improvement b/c we started running the ball alot better in the 1st half overall, but on those first 2 drives, we just couldn't even get ONE yard on the ground, leaving us with 3rd and long.

Viper

Reaction score
Ozzu;1710429 said:
I think we can help him out on that. Gameplan for the beginning of the game to be more short passes to get him into a rhythm and then open it up as you get into the 2nd quarter. I'm not sure he's ever going to get over this. I mean he literally has done this every single game he's started that I can remember.

I was thinking the same, maybe short passes would help him out.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
Viper;1710427 said:
I love Romo, he’s really developing into a top of the line quarterback. He has one problem though, he's erratic early in his game. This team needs to find a solution to this problem. It takes him the first and sometimes part of the second quarter to settle down. In the first quarter of every game his passes seem to sail on him.

I believe in this kid, I also believe with time and experience this problem will solve itself. This is his first year as a starting quarterback. However the team needs to try to help this kid find his rhythm earlier in games this year.

Crayton dropped a first down pass though on the 2nd possession.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I still think he comes out too hyped. He needs to calm himself down.

I would like to see a deep pass to Owens on our very first play against the Vikings.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1710438 said:

I would like to see a deep pass to Owens on our very first play against the Vikings.

Considering he tends to underthrow Owens a lot on the deep stuff, maybe we should. :D

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Ozzu;1710439 said:
Considering he tends to underthrow Owens a lot on the deep stuff, maybe we should. :D
Seriously. We need to send Owens deep more.

Who do the Vikings have at CB? I honestly can't name one of their corners.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1710449 said:
Seriously. We need to send Owens deep more.

Who do the Vikings have at CB? I honestly can't name one of their corners.

Their 2 DTs(Kevin and Pat Williams) are 2 of the best-however, they play alot of bend but don't break b/c of their poor secondary.

Their QB doesn't scare me-just put Roy as the 8th man in the box, and we'll be fine.

Viper

Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1710438 said:

That is just it, he is too hyped when the game starts. I would like to see some dump offs to the backs or short passes to the te. We need to find a way to settle him down in the beginning of games.