Hometown
Height/Weight
West Haven, CT 6’3’’ 334lbs
School Positions
Southern Connecticut St/UCONN (01, 02) OG/C
225 lbs. Bench 40 Time
36 times 5.33
Player Bio:​
Lewis a two-time co-captain of the Owls, has also been a two-time first team NE-10 offensive guard as a standout in the Southern offensive line, which allowed just 18 sacks this season and helped the Owls set season marks for total yards (5,728); passing yards (3,094); points (507); and touchdowns (71). He was a second team Daktronics selection in the offensive line. Lewis has significantly played a vital role in the Owls' offensive attack throughout his career. During his tenure, Derrick has been one of the major reasons as to why Southern was atop the NE-10 standings in rushing offense and total offense for the 2004 and 2005 campaign. The Owls were also second in scoring offense and third in passing offense in 2004 among Northeast-10 schools.
2005 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette Preseason All-American
2005 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette NCAA Division II All-America 3rd Team

2005 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette NCAA Division II All-Northeast Region 1st team
2005 Daktronics Division II All-America football team as selected by the sports information directors in NCAA Division II.
2005 Northeast-10 all-conference football 1st team
2004 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette NCAA Division II All-Northeast Region 2nd team
2004 Daktronics Division II All-Northeast Region football 2nd team
2004 Northeast-10 all-conference football 1st team
"He's a very modest guy who likes to help people," Southern Connecticut coach Rich Cavanaugh said. "He's not a big ‘me' guy. He is a nice person, but don't let that fool you because he is a damn good football player."
Continued
"I think he has the size and physical ability (to play professionally)," said, current NFL offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi. "Someone will probably take a look at the guy, when all is said and done. How do you not?"

Big powerful player, dedicated, agile.

Would you sign him as a free agent

BTW he my brother.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Looks like he could be a late round or UDFA prospect.

From CT, does he know Sparano? Maybe Sparano will pick CT players like BP picks up NJ players.

BTW, why is New Haven located in West Haven?

Best of luck to your brother.

ric

Reaction score
I think your thinking of Chris Palmer who attened Scsu and has ties to the current coach here. :)

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Its likely with Andruzzi knowing about him, he'd refer him to the Browns or his old team the Pats.

Good luck to the Lewis family for the upcoming April draft and udfa period.