I wonder if BP put his money on Smarty?

Too bad he is bred in Philly. :mad:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TheKey said:
I wonder if BP put his money on Smarty?

Too bad he is bred in Philly. :mad:
He was running so fast to get the heck out of there.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but one night in the chat about a month ago I told everyone we were gunna have a Triple Crown winner this year, and Smarty Jones was gunna be the horse to do it. One more race....thing is a guy can't make anymore money on him.

He may be from philly, but the eagles still suck. If SJ doesn't come through at the Belmont Philly will boo him.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Gatorgirl said:
Let's hope Julius Jones can run as fast as Smarty Jones! HA HA!

I think we have a nickname for Julius Jones.

Julius "Smarty" Jones

What do you guys think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but one night in the chat about a month ago I told everyone we were gunna have a Triple Crown winner this year, and Smarty Jones was gunna be the horse to do it. One more race....thing is a guy can't make anymore money on him.

He may be from philly, but the eagles still suck. If SJ doesn't come through at the Belmont Philly will boo him.
I will back you up on that. I remember that you said it. I thought you were nuts. Congrats. It looks very much like you will be right, but the Belmont is 3 weeks away. Lots can change.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Flyers win the Stanley Cup
Smarty Jones win the Triple Crown
Phillies win the World Series
Eagles win the Superbowl

4 Championships in one year, damn 76ers (good thing I'm a Spurs fan).

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I will back you up on that. I remember that you said it. I thought you were nuts. Congrats. It looks very much like you will be right, but the Belmont is 3 weeks away. Lots can change.

No doubt about it....a lot can change. Sellars mount will have had 5 weeks off if he is heeled in time for the Belmont. For you bettors out there, don't expect to get 3-5 odds, lol....expect somewhere around 1-10 which translates to= Not worth the walk to the window.

I got locked in at 6-1 a week before the Derby, which was way too high imo.

Why Philly? Why? Just something else for them to run their mouth off about.