Twitter: Snap counts vs giants

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A very impressive game one is under the belt. Here are the snap counts for the game. I like to look at snap counts every week to see who is playing and what that says about those players.
Some things that jump out to me on snap counts:
  • The amazing Terance Steele, 8.5 months removed from major knee injury, played all 58 offensive snaps.
  • Because of the blowout, every single player on the team played last night.
  • How about the game Osa Odighizhua had last night? 4 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 TFLs in 27 snaps!
  • And Dorance Armstrong? 2 sacks and 3 TFLs on just 18 snaps.
  • The snap counts may be a little skewed because in most normal games, not as many players will get to play.
What stood out to you on these snap counts?

Last edited by a moderator:

visionary

Reaction score
The more snaps our OL starters, Dowdle and Fowler get the better because it means OL os building cohesion and that Parsons and Pollard are getting a break

JonesBoys

Reaction score
J Thomas. He was out there early an often and playing well. You get this type of contribution from him along with Bell? My god. Both played like Bland did last year when he first popped. Everyone was look who is this? Now Bland is expected to make plays.

exciter

Reaction score

A very impressive game one is under the belt. Here are the snap counts for the game. I like to look at snap counts every week to see who is playing and what that says about those players.
  • The amazing Terance Steele, 8.5 months removed from major knee injury, played all 58 offensive snaps.
  • How about the game Osa Odighizhua had last night? 4 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 TFLs in 27 snaps!
  • The snap counts may be a little skewed because in most normal games, not as many players will get to play.

OSA was lights out. And people were babbling about trading Armstrong. Finally get real depth on the dline and people want to trade it away!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

One of my favorite weekly posts every year, thanks again.

Hankins and Mazi split it 50/50 but was skewed by the blowout and pulling the starters.

Look at Bland, you go dude! Most snaps of all the defensive backs.

Only 9 snaps for Bass and Amin, but Bass less garbage time I believe? Have proven Edoga can do it, but those guys still have some tests if we need them.

Most surprising: Hendershot playing 50% of the snaps. Didn't feel like it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Hard to tell because it was a blow out. But Golston and Gallimore got significant snaps. While Odiggy, Hankins and Mazi were about half.

Again, the game dictated most of that. But to have what are considered backups playing more than the starters at DT and to still dominate like we did is even all the more impressive.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Thomas, Bland, and Bell…they were great! I was very impressed with the interior line play on D.

Many dropped balls on perfectly placed passes, I’m assuming the heavy rain contributed.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thomas, Bland, and Bell…they were great! I was very impressed with the interior line play on D.

Many dropped balls on perfectly placed passes, I’m assuming the heavy rain contributed.
Any meaningful regular season PT for young players is so important to their development. Pre-season games are nice for player development but there’s no comparison between a PS game and a regular season game in terms of quality.

shabazz

Reaction score
I can only imagine how Overshown would have feasted yesterday if he had been available…..this D is gonna be wicked for years to come if the right moves are made

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The fact that Bell only played 44% of the snaps, shows how well he played. It seemed like he was out there every down.
Him and Thomas seem to be involved in every play if they are on the field. They are missiles to the ball. Love them both!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
10 defensive Lineman on the team including Parsons. 9 of them under 50% of snaps played. Such an advantage that creates for this team when every play we have a fresh front all with the ability to sack the QB.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The only real complaint about this game is the Cowboys defense was on the field for to much time. You want the defense on the field for 28 minutes or less. I will let it go because they scored the first two touchdowns with no help from the offense. I think the way to beat our defense is ball control then take a play action shot at the safeties. If you fall behind by two scores it might be over. The pass rush is lethal.