Twitter: Snap counts vs. pats

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here are yesterday’s snap counts vs pats.
Some observations:
  • Cowboys had 70 snaps to 55 for NE.
  • Zack Martin gutted out 54 snaps although it was clear he was hobbled.
  • TE Sean McKeon had 18 snaps, had a great block and hustle play following the Turpin fumble.
  • Five Cowboys played every snap:
    • Offense: Terance Steele and Tyler Smith. Great to see Tyler back to form.
    • Defense: LVE, Jayron Kearse and Stephon Gilmore.
  • Jalen Tolbert continues to develop. He had 24 snaps, 4 receptions for 54 yards, and made a big ST play as well.
  • Micah Parsons had 44 snaps but did anyone else wonder why he was still playing in the 4th qtr with a 35 pt lead?
What else stood out to you?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Parsons but get the man off the field in the 4th when you are up 35! Sorry I don't care as much about your sack numbers as I do you being healthy in January!

He had already hurt his knee!
Can you imagine losing our best player to an injury while playing meaningless snaps with a 35 point lead? The week before a huge game? Makes me wonder why the coaches allowed this.

John813

Reaction score
Can you imagine losing our best player to an injury while playing meaningless snaps with a 35 point lead? The week before a huge game? Makes me wonder why the coaches allowed this.

Similar to Judon, there has to be a point where you just pull the starters, especially the impact players when the game is long over.
I get Parsons wants to play, but I agree with the sentiment for pulling him especially after the ankle injury earlier.

Motorola

Reaction score

Some observations:
  • TE Sean McKeon had 18 snaps, had a great block and hustle play following the Turpin fumble.
  • Jalen Tolbert continues to develop. He had 24 snaps, 4 receptions for 54 yards, and made a big ST play as well.
  • Micah Parsons had 44 snaps but did anyone else wonder why he was still playing in the 4th qtr with a 35 pt lead?

I guess we fans be fully relieved that Steele has recovered from his late-season 2022 injury.
Cowboys got to be smarter about Parsons' still playing after a game is well in hand.

Motorola

Reaction score
Who has the authority to pull Parsons/ other Cowboys players when a game goes the way it did yesterday?
Position coach? Coordinator? Head Coach?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same and watching the seconds tick off that clock very intently.

My best guess is that’s Quinn’s call and those two are close, and we know Micah wants to win, but he also wants his numbers.

Risk/reward is ridiculous from the teams perspective, but you also want to keep guys happy and not shut that motor down. I don’t agree but I’m trying to apply reason.

Remember on Hard Knocks…Micah’s first pre-season game when he didn’t want to come out. I’m not thinking that was an act. The guy is ferocious, and the good news is that he doesn’t appear to be someone who will mail it in once he gets paid.

We so desperately needed this type of player and attitude.

Motorola

Reaction score
Any/all of the above.
Most NFL games' outcomes aren't determined until the last quarter, so in an early blowout like yesterday, one of the three should have made the decision to sit Parsons.
Just last week, the coaching staff gave Lamb a "veterans day off" from practice - after only 3 games into the season (following a loss).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Some observations:

Zeke at 40%? Belli is getting suckered into overusing Zeke as well. Its hurting their team. Stevenson should be getting 80% of the snaps.

Must be a really likeable and confident guy to get these coaches to play him. Mind boggling.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Surprised to see Schoonmaker had the same snaps as Ferguson but didn't register a single catch :thumbdown:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Zeke at 40%? Belli is getting suckered into overusing Zeke as well. Its hurting their team. Stevenson should be getting 80% of the snaps.

Must be a really likeable and confident guy to get these coaches to play him. Mind boggling.
don't really remember seeing zeke much

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
don't really remember seeing zeke much
He was something like 6 carries for 16 yards. Getting stuffed over and over again.

Couldnt help but laugh all day thinking about the Zeke apologist in here that warned that we better coral Zeke this week. LOL

rambo2

Reaction score
They allow it because they don't want to cost him sacks and piss him off.

Einstein

Reaction score
Thought Clark was going to have more of an impact this season...

Creeper

Reaction score
Similar to Judon, there has to be a point where you just pull the starters, especially the impact players when the game is long over.
I get Parsons wants to play, but I agree with the sentiment for pulling him especially after the ankle injury earlier.
If I was a NE fan I would be hoping they tank the season for a chance to draft a real QB. Jones is awful.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Rest Martin and Parsons this week. They can be apart of walk through.