Twitter: Snap counts vs. pats

bottleKids

Reaction score
I love Parsons but get the man off the field in the 4th when you are up 35! Sorry I don't care as much about your sack numbers as I do you being healthy in January!

He had already hurt his knee!
I could not agree more. Why waste a possible special season with injuries, with stat chasing.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like the increase in snaps for Schoonmaker that's something I called for last week, and I think his development is vital. I just like having McKeon active.

Cooks getting the most WR snaps is surprising, but he does need to establish himself in this offense.

LVE n Kearse getting the most defensive snaps sticks out to me, considering JK is in a contract year and LVE is on a short term. At some point, developing potential replacements for these guys may come into to play and eat away at their snaps.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If I was a NE fan I would be hoping they tank the season for a chance to draft a real QB. Jones is awful.
Possibly. But they have a poor skill position group, along with a mediocre OL. They aren't doing him any favors.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same and watching the seconds tick off that clock very intently.

My best guess is that’s Quinn’s call and those two are close, and we know Micah wants to win, but he also wants his numbers.

Risk/reward is ridiculous from the teams perspective, but you also want to keep guys happy and not shut that motor down. I don’t agree but I’m trying to apply reason.

Remember on Hard Knocks…Micah’s first pre-season game when he didn’t want to come out. I’m not thinking that was an act. The guy is ferocious, and the good news is that he doesn’t appear to be someone who will mail it in once he gets paid.

We so desperately needed this type of player and attitude.
REASON says once up by that number you do NOT play such key players. IF they sulk tell them to man up and shut up.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Will Greer may get a shot.
Hmmmm possibly. But the overriding issue to me is the talent is poor offensively. Grier running around isn't going to look any better.

Im not saying Mac Jones is good by any means, but they need weapons and an OL. Hunter Henry looks like their best offensive player.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hmmmm possibly. But the overriding issue to me is the talent is poor offensively. Grier running around isn't going to look any better.

Im not saying Mac Jones is good by any means, but they need weapons and an OL. Hunter Henry looks like their best offensive player.
They aren't going to make the playoffs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saw that coming with McKeon and the OLine depth. Welcome back.

fivetwos

Reaction score
REASON says once up by that number you do NOT play such key players. IF they sulk tell them to man up and shut up.
Well yeah and I said that.

What I meant was what they could have possibly been thinking.

It was stupid and could have been catastrophic. I don’t disagree.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Here are yesterday’s snap counts vs pats.
Some observations:
  • Cowboys had 70 snaps to 55 for NE.
  • Zack Martin gutted out 54 snaps although it was clear he was hobbled.
  • TE Sean McKeon had 18 snaps, had a great block and hustle play following the Turpin fumble.
  • Five Cowboys played every snap:
    • Offense: Terance Steele and Tyler Smith. Great to see Tyler back to form.
    • Defense: LVE, Jayron Kearse and Stephon Gilmore.
  • Jalen Tolbert continues to develop. He had 24 snaps, 4 receptions for 54 yards, and made a big ST play as well.
  • Micah Parsons had 44 snaps but did anyone else wonder why he was still playing in the 4th qtr with a 35 pt lead?
What else stood out to you?

Thanks for posting. I always enjoy these threads.

I thought Peppers missed a couple of snaps. I guess it must have been when NE had the ball

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Can you imagine losing our best player to an injury while playing meaningless snaps with a 35 point lead? The week before a huge game? Makes me wonder why the coaches allowed this.
I have no idea if this is true, but part of me thinks the LT comparisons have something to do with it. Jerry and the organization love the comparisons and want him to rack up as many stats/highlights as possible in order to keep the media coverage coming. Either mccarthy doesn't have the marbles to take him out or Jerry and company has told him not to.

There is no justifiable reason to continue playing him when the games are already decided, especially when he was already banged up.

Honestly, if he racks up stats in garbage time, all it does is make his next contract bigger.

817Gill

Reaction score
Neville Gallimore has quietly been a real rotational guy this year

starfan1

Reaction score
I love Parsons but get the man off the field in the 4th when you are up 35! Sorry I don't care as much about your sack numbers as I do you being healthy in January!

He had already hurt his knee!
Ya I think some of its Parsons he dont want to come out but coaching staff needs to put their foot down

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here are yesterday’s snap counts vs pats.
Some observations:
  • Cowboys had 70 snaps to 55 for NE.
  • Zack Martin gutted out 54 snaps although it was clear he was hobbled.
  • TE Sean McKeon had 18 snaps, had a great block and hustle play following the Turpin fumble.
  • Five Cowboys played every snap:
    • Offense: Terance Steele and Tyler Smith. Great to see Tyler back to form.
    • Defense: LVE, Jayron Kearse and Stephon Gilmore.
  • Jalen Tolbert continues to develop. He had 24 snaps, 4 receptions for 54 yards, and made a big ST play as well.
  • Micah Parsons had 44 snaps but did anyone else wonder why he was still playing in the 4th qtr with a 35 pt lead?
What else stood out to you?

Peyton Hendershot inactive.