Twitter: Snap counts vs Rams

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Snap counts vs rams…
Some things that stood out to me…
  • Cowboys had 65 snaps to rams 62.
  • Terrance Steele, Tyler Smith on offense and Jourdan Lewis on defense played 100% of the snaps.
  • Rico Dowdle had 23 snaps. Nothing against Pollard but IMO Dowdle needs more.
  • Sam Williams had 21 snaps at DE. Can’t tell if score had anything to do with that. He certainly made a big ST play.
What stands out to you?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good to see both Pollard and Dowdle with plenty of on carpet plays...strong indicator on offensive indicator there.

Numbers of plays eventually indicate value of specific players in an after season evaluation on player growth and roster developments.

Ferguson's play numbers are a good indicator at this point, also.

CCBoy

Reaction score
the production from this years draft has been almost non existent.There is a reason why teams dont draft non pash rush DTs in the first Rd,
Get a pipe and some good tobacco, then learn to smoke it...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clark's on the field more than Micah.

G/S/M. Trade this role player.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Snap counts vs rams…
Some things that stood out to me…
  • Cowboys had 65 snaps to rams 62.
  • Terrance Steele, Tyler Smith on offense and Jourdan Lewis on defense played 100% of the snaps.
  • Rico Dowdle had 23 snaps. Nothing against Pollard but IMO Dowdle needs more.
  • Sam Williams had 21 snaps at DE. Can’t tell if score had anything to do with that. He certainly made a big ST play.
What stands out to you?

Tolbert is gaining ground on WR3.

plasticman

Reaction score
Tolbert is gaining ground on WR3.
Jalen Tolbert has been in 38% of offensive snaps so far this season.

That's a total of 179 snaps.......and 7 receptions.

In all fairness that's a 250% increase in productivity from last season's 2 receptions.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Gallimore with 9 snaps.
It wasn't long ago that I had very high hopes for him. He LOOKS like he should be a stud. Looks are definitely deceiving.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallimore with 9 snaps.
It wasn't long ago that I had very high hopes for him. He LOOKS like he should be a stud. Looks are definitely deceiving.
Hankins had 24 snaps, Mazi had 18 snaps and Gallimore 9. Hankins is clearly (currently) the best but Mazi has shown some improvement. Mazi is definitely a project. Gallimore is a disappointment.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Rams DT Aaron Donald only played in 2/3 of the snaps for the defense. Did the Rams take him out early when the game was so lopsided?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Hankins had 24 snaps, Mazi had 18 snaps and Gallimore 9. Hankins is clearly (currently) the best but Mazi has shown some improvement. Mazi is definitely a project. Gallimore is a disappointment.
The Rams fell behind so early, so the Cowboys had their pass rush team in knowing the Rams were likely to pass? I agree Mazi Smith passed Gallimore on the depth chart. Mazi Smith is getting better, not a knock on Gallimore.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not sure I'd read too much into these snap counts as we played the 2nd unit much of the 4th quarter.
Next season's draft?
1-wide receiver
2-running back

As to plays on carpet, that increases strength for validation of lower runged players going into next season - relevant.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Next season's draft?
1-wide receiver
2-running back

As to plays on carpet, that increases strength for validation of lower runged players going into next season - relevant.
Long way til next draft.
IDK if Tolbert comes on big time or not. If Turpin makes more big plays.
WR could fall down hierarchy a bit.

RB is is always about value versus selection. We need one for sure but free agency might provide a better solution than round 2.

At this point however Round 2 seems cursed so I almost hate talking about it.
For every Trevon Diggs we've drafted 3 busts.

My current shortlist:
RB, TE still, OL, Safety --assuming bell is a LB and Kearse is near done, WR.

CCBoy

Reaction score
49'ers just traded for Young. The window for Dallas is starting to crack in the now. The San Francisco box area is now rock solid through the playoffs. Dallas will play good football. They still don't measure up to the Eagles here and now. During games, other teams will have to play to keep the Cowboys in some games.

Oh, they will be respectably good and that good is assured to move into the future...but Dallas does not trade at garage sale levels and grab top shelf talents when they both add to team and are smartly priced pickups.

1st and 2nd round picks to keep the future still churning and improving. Cooks is a strong #2 receiver, but WR and RB are still soft postional groups and opportunity departed the building?

CCBoy

Reaction score
A significant injury to Pollard now, and the team probably is out of the top running from that point.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long way til next draft.
IDK if Tolbert comes on big time or not. If Turpin makes more big plays.
WR could fall down hierarchy a bit.

RB is is always about value versus selection. We need one for sure but free agency might provide a better solution than round 2.

At this point however Round 2 seems cursed so I almost hate talking about it.
For every Trevon Diggs we've drafted 3 busts.

My current shortlist:
RB, TE still, OL, Safety --assuming bell is a LB and Kearse is near done, WR.
I think OL should be at the top for this simple reason- look all across the league right now. Almost every team is looking for OL. Good ones are a lot harder to find than WRs.