Sneaking this one onto the big board for a few minutes

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Looks like USC isn't missing Norm Chow much today. I still say I'd rather have Pete Carrol than Bob Stoops...he never impressed me, and I'm not sure what the rest of you see in him. True, today was only one game, but he took a perennial power in Oklahoma, and while they still win, he turned them into a soft team...they are mostly finesse and not at all physical. I think they're in for a long season.

Pete has done an awesome job at USC, and those foolish enough to argue that Leinart isn't the real deal are going to have some major crow to eat. The kid really has it...

I'll also say that Norm Chow has taken some good players brought in by Willingham and really got that ND offense in high gear already as they are thumping a favored Pittsburg.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
It would be rather entertaining to see Pete Carroll follow Bill Parcells again, Wayne.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Looks like USC isn't missing Norm Chow much today. I still say I'd rather have Pete Carrol than Bob Stoops...he never impressed me, and I'm not sure what the rest of you see in him. True, today was only one game, but he took a perennial power in Oklahoma, and while they still win, he turned them into a soft team...they are mostly finesse and not at all physical. I think they're in for a long season.

Pete has done an awesome job at USC, and those foolish enough to argue that Leinart isn't the real deal are going to have some major crow to eat. The kid really has it...

I'll also say that Norm Chow has taken some good players brought in by Willingham and really got that ND offense in high gear already as they are thumping a favored Pittsburg.

Do this. Go look into the stats of Hawaii' Defense. They are HORRIBLE. Everyone said going into this game that Hawaii will surrender HUGE plays after plays for USC. Why bother playing the game. It was going to be UGLY.

You dont need Norm Chow for Hawaii. You could call it and win by 24 Wayne.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Do this. Go look into the stats of Hawaii' Defense. They are HORRIBLE. Everyone said going into this game that Hawaii will surrender HUGE plays after plays for USC. Why bother playing the game. It was going to be UGLY.

You dont need Norm Chow for Hawaii. You could call it and win by 24 Wayne.
Looks like Bob Stoops and Oklahoma didn't really need to play their game either according to most published reports.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Looks like Bob Stoops and Oklahoma didn't really need to play their game either according to most published reports.

What has that got to do w/ USC and Hawaii? Ha...your hate for me is outweighing any argument you can deliver for USC and Hawaii.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone expected OU to be a top team this season. I am not an OU fan, but this isn't about bashing them, just some harsh realities.

They had to replace their starting QB with guys that have little to no experience. They had to replace the entire offensive line. They had to replace their top 3 receivers. That is a lot for any team to overcome and still play at the highest level in the country. Pete Carroll would have similar problems if USC had to do the same thing.

I think Stoops is a great coach. He and several other coaches including Carroll are the best in the business right now; however, to win it still comes down to the quality of the players. Right now OU has a bunch of talent, but they are very unexperienced and young. OU is used to having a good mix of young and seasoned players. It looks like a team that will be better in a couple of years.

I predicted at least 4 losses for OU this year. It may be more.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

You obviously know nothing about Oklahoma prior to Bob Stoops. Here is some homework for you on Google. John Blake. Howard Schnellenberger. Stoops Winning Percentage. National Championship. Big 12 titles. Report back and see what you find about being a perennial power prior to his arrival.