Snoop Dogg, the king of weed, criticizes David Irving

sunalsorises

Reaction score
You really think he just succumbed to peer pressure?

It’s not like he was at a party and wanted to look cool. It’s more than that. It’s an entire lifestyle. It’s why so many athletes struggle to cut the hangers on loose when they make it and they end up broke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
From what I've read these issues (marijuana and concussions) are related.I'm not sure why people are ignoring this point but whatever.

Where is it pointed out it's related? I mean, specifically from Irving? I have not seen it.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Where is it pointed out it's related? I mean, specifically from Irving? I have not seen it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-cowboys-jason-garrett-marijuana/3181258002/

Irving says players should have the option to pursue medical treatments with cannabis. He believes the mental illnesses he was diagnosed with in therapy – manic depression, borderline schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, he said – have resulted from concussions at the professional level.

“You can check all my medical records. I wasn’t diagnosed with any of these things before the NFL,” Irving said. “I’ve been in what, four and a half years now?

“It was scary to know I played a sport and am having these concussions and I don’t really know how long I’m going to live. Memory loss, pains, [and] I have these mood swings, bipolar disorder. If you ask me, it’s all related to the concussions.”

And cannabis, Irving believes, will help him treat challenges including anxiety, depression, pain and sleeping disorders.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think the choice is so black and white. In order for Irving to give up weed he’d have to shift his entire life. He’d have to cut bait with his friends and make significant changes to get away from marijuana. He’s not going to sit around as the only sober dude in a room full of his friends. I imagine that is where Irving is caught.

If he had made it to a big contract and decided to retire before the end it would make more sense.

Just going all-in on football long enough to play 1 year on the Franchise Tag would pay him 10x of what he made in total up to this point.

The reality is that he got caught breaking the rules and is now a crybaby claiming he always hated football.

If he hated football and hated the rules against smoking weed, he should have quit long ago.

He is a mid twenties 6-7, 285 pound man. His Dad can,t force him to play football and that was true 2 or 3 years ago.

If somebody wants to have credibility they need to make a statement BEFORE getting caught for breaking the rules.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If he had made it to a big contract and decided to retire before the end it would make more sense.

Just going all-in on football long enough to play 1 year on the Franchise Tag would pay him 10x of what he made in total up to this point.

The reality is that he got caught breaking the rules and is now a crybaby claiming he always hated football.

If he hated football and hated the rules against smoking weed, he should have quit long ago.

He is a mid twenties 6-7, 285 pound man. His Dad can,t force him to play football and that was true 2 or 3 years ago.

If somebody wants to have credibility they need to make a statement BEFORE getting caught for breaking the rules.

I’m sure there is some sour grapes involved. The main thing is he was in the program which meant he had to undergo continuous testing. He couldn’t have made it to a big contract because he wasn’t going to be able to stay clean. I honestly think the only way he was going to get and stay clean was to break off contact from all the people who enabled him to smoke marijuana and I don’t think he could do that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure there is some sour grapes involved. The main thing is he was in the program which meant he had to undergo continuous testing. He couldn’t have made it to a big contract because he wasn’t going to be able to stay clean. I honestly think the only way he was going to get and stay clean was to break off contact from all the people who enabled him to smoke marijuana and I don’t think he could do that.

I would tell guys that age in any profession to keep their options open.

He could have retired a year ago, then smoked out and after a year off might have wanted to return to football.

Now the rules make it hard to return for a drug suspended player that does submit to testing while suspended.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don’t think the choice is so black and white. In order for Irving to give up weed he’d have to shift his entire life. He’d have to cut bait with his friends and make significant changes to get away from marijuana. He’s not going to sit around as the only sober dude in a room full of his friends. I imagine that is where Irving is caught.

Those friends will be gone when his money dries up and his celebrity status is nonexistent . Wasted, broke and flippin burgers is where he is headed . Amazing to me all you hear is people complaining about lack of opportunities then you watch somebody squander one like that .

Some men you just cant reach LOLOL