So Dallas had Spencer as a first round Grade?

chicago JK

Reaction score
I thought I read leading up to the draft that Dallas thought there was around 15 or 18 first round prospects (Can't remember which) and they would have to be a bit lucky to have a player with a first round grade fall to them. After the draft, I have read Quinn was ranked 8th on their board and Spencer was in the top 15. Not bad Jerry. Now lets just hope they were right in their scouting.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
chicago JK;1485917 said:
I thought I read leading up to the draft that Dallas thought there was around 15 or 18 first round prospects (Can't remember which) and they would have to be a bit lucky to have a player with a first round grade fall to them. After the draft, I have read Quinn was ranked 8th on their board and Spencer was in the top 15. Not bad Jerry. Now lets just hope they were right in their scouting.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I am betting we had Spencer as a top 15 prospect when we considered his move to SOLB.

But I am guessing teams picking ahead of us in the 4-3 schemes may have had Spencer rated as a 2nd rounder/late 1st for a 4-3 scheme.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1485930 said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I am betting we had Spencer as a top 15 prospect when we considered his move to SOLB.

But I am guessing teams picking ahead of us in the 4-3 schemes may have had Spencer rated as a 2nd rounder/late 1st for a 4-3 scheme.

sounds about right

and I don't know about the 15 or 18 prospects in the 1st round thing, but I do know that Dallas only had 8 'wow' players rated

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1485933 said:
sounds about right

and I don't know about the 15 or 18 prospects in the 1st round thing, but I do know that Dallas only had 8 'wow' players rated

I think thats what several scouts said. Not necessarily ours. I know I've read and heard that scouts thought there were around 15-18 or so 1st round rated players in this draft.