So disappointing!

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
a win is a win ...BUT... with this we will NEVER beat a good team ..... NO Houston is just an average team

Cowboys up 17-10 with 2:31 left in the game and this is what we got .....

HOU_logo-20x20.gif
0-0-HOU 35R.Bullock kicks 65 yards from HOU 35 to end zone, Touchback. Ball was downed in the end zone by Harris.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
1-10-DAL 20(2:27) D.Murray right guard to DAL 21 for 1 yard (B.Cushing).
Timeout #1 by HOU at 02:23.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
2-9-DAL 21(2:23) (Shotgun) PENALTY on DAL-T.Romo, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 21 - No Play.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
2-14-DAL 16(2:23) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to D.Harris to DAL 24 for 8 yards (W.Mercilus). Pass complete on a bubble screen.
Timeout #2 by HOU at 02:16.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
3-6-DAL 24(2:16) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left. Pass was thrown out of bounds. PENALTY on DAL-T.Romo, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 24.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
4-16-DAL 14(2:10) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 45 yards to HOU 41, Center-L.Ladouceur. K.Martin pushed ob at DAL 45 for 14 yards

Dallas Cowboys 0:28

Wood

Reaction score
I couldn't see the game today so I was following the ticker. How do you get a delay of game after Time-out? What has going on at the end...did Dallas look scared?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe this is one of those type of wins we needed. Especially before gong to play in Seattle.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
I couldn't see the game today so I was following the ticker. How do you get a delay of game after Time-out? What has going on at the end...did Dallas look scared?

not scared ..... just not into the game ..... as Coach Landry said when asked why he doesn't show emotion and get excited after a big play ..... he's thinking of what might happen three plays from now ..... this coaching staff thinks ..... OK what do we do now !

Reaction score
a win is a win ...BUT... with this we will NEVER beat a good team ..... NO Houston is just an average team

HOU_logo-20x20.gif
0-0-HOU 35R.Bullock kicks 65 yards from HOU 35 to end zone, Touchback. Ball was downed in the end zone by Harris.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
2-9-DAL 21(2:23) (Shotgun) PENALTY on DAL-T.Romo, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 21 - No Play.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
2-14-DAL 16(2:23) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to D.Harris to DAL 24 for 8 yards (W.Mercilus). Pass complete on a bubble screen.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
3-6-DAL 24(2:16) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left. Pass was thrown out of bounds. PENALTY on DAL-T.Romo, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 24.
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
4-16-DAL 14(2:10) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 45 yards to HOU 41, Center-L.Ladouceur. K.Martin pushed ob at DAL 45 for 14 yards

the Texans entered the game 3-1, I think better than average is good. None the less, was a sloppy effort but once again, they came out of it with a W. I'm happy and pleasantly surprised with 4-1 go so far.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

HOU_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif
DAL_logo-20x20.gif

This....following immediately on the heels of back to back wins over the Saints and the 3-1 Texans. Sigh.

Enjoy the rare four-game winning streak.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
MORE than happy about the win and the four game winning streak ..... why I'm looking past the four game winning streak and believing we have a shot at going far this season ..... just think coach like that will cost us ..... sooner or later .....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MORE than happy about the win and the four game winning streak ..... why I'm looking past the four game winning streak and believing we have a shot at going far this season ..... just think coach like that will cost us ..... sooner or later .....

Be happy, even the best coaches have bad days...this wasn't a bad coaching day, rather you think so or not....
I think you are trying to get a lets hate the coaches thread going...

Hoov

Reaction score

I only saw red zone. I don't know why or how they got delay of game

After that.Houston started using TO before the 2 min warning - maybe the delay of game prompted them to do so.

But the result was Dallas with 3rd and 6 with 2:17 I think to play. So Houston has TO and 2 min warming.

So they r going to have plenty of time. Dallas has to throw and try for the first but ur still up by 7 so u don't want a turnover.

I wouldn't say they looked scared but they were cautious. Houston got pressure and there was no play. Tony threw it awY and it was intentional grounding. So they had to punt backed up to the goal line.

The delay of game was bad. Houston did make the plays to get a stop and then their offense executed well to get the td. So they deserve some credit for getting the game tied.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Romo was pressing. think Romo at the line trying to make a zillion line calls. tick tick tick tick.

Drives me nuts.

That being said, it does appear that he was affected by the crowd noise which in retrospect explains quite a bit. It's still disappointing that they were not better prepared but it makes me not think him quite the blithering fool.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
2:27 to go Dallas up 17-10 .....
(1&10 @ 20) ..... Murray runs the ball for 1 yard

Houston calls time out #1 @2:23 ...(2&9 @ 21)...
after the time out Dallas gets a delay of game plenty (-5 yards)..... AFTER the time out ..... now it's (2&14)

(2&14 @ 16) ..... Romo throws to Harris for 8 yards

Houston calls time out #2 @2:16 ...(3&6 @ 24)...

(3&6 @ 24) .... Romo throws incomplete ..... STOPS the CLOCK ..... plenty on Romo for Intentional Grounding (-10 yards & loss of down) ..... WHY NOT RUN THE BALL ?????..... NO stopping the clock if incomplete NO chance of intentional grounding ...AND... it would make Houston use it's last time out or let the clock run down to the 2-minute warning ..... (4&16 @ 14) .....

(4&16 @ 14) ..... PUNT .....

That's just BAD coaching ..... that's my only point ..... now if they did what I think they should've done could Houston still have scored and tied it up ..... YES ..... This team is winning despite it's coaching .....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I get why you wanted the run on 3rd and 6 just to keep the clock rolling and force them to use a time out. I get that.

But Dallas did what they should have done there. They went for the dagger of getting a first down. They played to end the game and win it right there instead of playing not to lose.

It didn't work out, and that happens, but they absolutely made the right call in trying to end the game there.