So I got pranked today

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Fired over a prank that didn't hurt anyone ?

Sounds like a job, I wouldn't want.

Guess it depends on the job. I would have laughed, and said "you got me".

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Bigdog;3863198 said:
One time I cam back and I open the door to my office and hundreds upon hundreds of ballons just fell out. My colleagues blew up these ballons and placed them in my office. My office was half filled with ballons up to my waist. I just laughed and said to myself this is good. Took me a while to pop all those balloons and clean up the mess.

That's weird, 'cus you really didn't seem that happy at the time?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Signals;3862608 said:
I arrived at work this morning sat down at my desk to log in. I have three different passwords that I use to login because it's mandatory. I tried the first login four times only to fail. So the 5th time I decided to carefully pay attention to the keys I was using to type the password. I managed to get logged in using the wrong password.

I was stumped and started to panic thinking I had had a mini stroke that I was unaware of because I had no recollection of those typing key patterns.

In the last several months I had forgotten things that I should have remembered, but didn't and wasn't sure why, and have been concerned about my health so this incident had me frightened. I was real close to get up and going to the emergency room.

I proceeded to login to my other programs only to fail three or four times. I thought to myself 'crap, I cant go to my manager and tell him that I have forgotten three passwords over night.' He would look at me like I was completely nuts, and I felt that way at the moment. I went to the Tech guy and had him reset all my passwords.

I spent the next 30-40 minutes completely confounded and a bit scared. Then it hit me. I looked at two other key boards around me and discovered that the person, whom I don't know, that used my PC the night before had switched the "M" and "N" keys.

Our tech guy and the owner weren't to happy about the whole incident.

Somebody gonna getta fired over a childish prank.

Learn to type and that wouldn't be an issue.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3863065 said:
Huh, looked down at my keyboard just now. My m, c, d, v, and a keys are all worn off. F is still there, and E is just the bottom horizontal line left. Enter and left shift key are pretty much blanks as well.

Well, you obviously don't cuss enough. :D

Reaction score
theogt;3862638 said:
How do you actually switch the keys? If you pull the "M" key off and replace it with the "N" key, it will still type an "M" on the screen when you hit the replaced key.

The letters on the screen are hidden. You can't see what you type.:facepalm: :facepalm:

Reaction score
theogt;3865410 said:
Is this a joke?

And I quote.

"The keys just pop off and then you switch them around. This was not something that I was going to be able to figure out initially because I was typing encrypted passwords, not text on a screen. If I had been typing text that appeared on screen as text it would have been a no brainer."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865424 said:
And I quote.

"The keys just pop off and then you switch them around. This was not something that I was going to be able to figure out initially because I was typing encrypted passwords, not text on a screen. If I had been typing text that appeared on screen as text it would have been a no brainer."
Do you really not know where each key is by memory? You need to see it on screen?

Reaction score
theogt;3865431 said:
Do you really not know where each key is by memory? You need to see it on screen?

Why are you asking me? Ask the OP. Yes I have, but obviously the OP hasn't if he made the mistake he's alluding to.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865508 said:
Why are you asking me? Ask the OP. Yes I have, but obviously the OP hasn't if he made the mistake he's alluding to.
Funny, that's what I was doing earlier in the thread until you butted in.

Reaction score
theogt;3865518 said:
Funny, that's what I was doing earlier in the thread until you butted in.

Funny, he already answered that question, which you asked earlier in the thread.

And I quote, once again.

""The keys just pop off and then you switch them around. This was not something that I was going to be able to figure out initially because I was typing encrypted passwords, not text on a screen. If I had been typing text that appeared on screen as text it would have been a no brainer."

Is it clear now?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865534 said:
Funny, he already answered that question, which you asked earlier in the thread.

And I quote, once again.

""The keys just pop off and then you switch them around. This was not something that I was going to be able to figure out initially because I was typing encrypted passwords, not text on a screen. If I had been typing text that appeared on screen as text it would have been a no brainer."

Is it clear now?
vdYYn.gif