So Much for Dixon

dallasblue05

Reaction score
By Gary Fitzgerald
Commanders.com
June 18, 2005

The Commanders have signed free agent safety Tony Dixon, the team announced on Saturday. Dixon worked out for team officials on Saturday following the team's mini-camp practice at Commanders Park.

http://www.Commanders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/PGOCOMNEIOAB/redskins_7395966dsinside.jpgTony Dixon Dixon, 6-1 and 213 pounds, was a second-round (56th overall) selection by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2001 NFL Draft.

During his four-year career in Dallas, he appeared in 53 games and recorded 96 tackles (54 solo), six sacks, 10 pass deflections and one interception. Of his six career sacks, three came during the 2004 season.

Dixon also contributed on special teams, posting 49 tackles during his career. In 2003, he led the Cowboys with 20 special teams tackles.

A three-year starter at safety at Alabama from 1998-2001, Dixon finished his career with the Crimson Tide posting 252 tackles. As a senior free safety, he recorded 90 tackles and two interceptions.

Thats too bad, I was kind of hoping he would end up back here. I feel a certain, despise when I hear the deadskins got one of our guys. Comments?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dixon was not much of a player here and he was a street free agent without even getting calls for quite a while.

The Skins have signed alot of Ex-Boys and most of them have been completely worthless. I am fairly certain Dixon will be on that list.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
It's subtraction by addition for the Skins. They are a worse team for adding Dixon. :lmao:

My gut feeling is that if Taylor's charges really get dropped, then Dixon may not even make the 53 man roster.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Tony Dixon flashed potential in only one game out of those 53. That is sad for a 2nd RD pick.

Maybe Zimmer couldn't get to him. Here's too hoping Gregg Williams doesn't, because it would be painful if the light came on for Dixon while playing for the Burgundy and Gold.