So now we are talking about if it should be legal to.....

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
tackle a guy by grabbing his collar around his shoulder pads. Man, the DBs can't even touch the WRs NOW, why not just make it a penalty to touch them at all and they can only tackle them by using mind control. I posted this in this forum because it will probably end up here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
tackle a guy by grabbing his collar around his shoulder pads. Man, the DBs can't even touch the WRs NOW, why not just make it a penalty to touch them at all and they can only tackle them by using mind control. I posted this in this forum because it will probably end up here.

Of course someone will consider a rule change. A DB can't hit a reciever in a way that it knocks him out of bounds because it will be ruled a force out. They assume the reciever would land in bounds if he wasn't hit. But hitting is part of the game. Makes no sense. In a few years, tackling won't be allowed. The runner would have scored if not tackled. Ruling on the field, TOUCHDOWN. :rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:

I don't think it will become a rule.

If he was bull dogging a guy around the neck it would be different....ask Night Train because they made that exact rule because of him.

But I really doubt they make a rule saying you can't grab a guys jersey to make the tackle. Those kinds of tackles happen all the time, just sometimes a persons feet get caught underneath them.