Johnson,Proctor Columbo Mcquistan

DL:Spears Canty Hatcher Ratliff Ferguson Johnson Coleman

Lb's:Ware Hoyte Burnett Singleton
James Ayodele Carpenter Ellis Fowler

Dbs:Newman Reeves Henry Glenn Jones
Williams Davis Watkins Elam

Suspended: Marcus coleman

Vanderjact Mcbriar Laceoudur Suisham

We kept Austin? Wow. I was pulling for him before camp but didn't think he did anything to stay on the team.

Pretty close to what I predicted except I didn't expect Kenyon Coleman to stick.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Not saying I know more about football than Parcells, Ireland and Jerry Jones....well maybe Jerry Jones, but I'd rather kept Skyler Green over Miles Austin and Pettiti over Fabini.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
makes no sense to keep 7 DL when we play a 3-4, and 6 of them are really DE's.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I would thin that Austin, Hoyte/Fowler, and Coleman aren't sleeping well for the next few days. I'm sure Ireland and BP are looking over the cuts from the other teams, and potential trades.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Possible practice squad if they don't pick up from other teams:

D'Anthony Batiste
Tony Curtis
Skyler Green
Matt Baker
Stephen Bowen
Montavious Stanley
Dennis Roland
Keylon Kincade

(nfle)Carl-Johan Bjork

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dallasfan said:
Not saying I know more about football than Parcells, Ireland and Jerry Jones....well maybe Jerry Jones, but I'd rather kept Skyler Green over Miles Austin and Pettiti over Fabini.

So you'd keep two lesser players?

I'd say Jerry Jones knows more about football then you. :D

That's true. Hopefully we'll be making a trade for a NG soon.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
Yeah, I thought Coleman was a goner.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Rack said:
So you'd keep two lesser players?

I'd say Jerry Jones knows more about football then you. :D

That's true. Hopefully we'll be making a trade for a NG soon.

It's about upside. Atleast Fabini will contribute (3rd tackle), Austin probably won't be active on game days

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dallasfan said:
It's about upside. Atleast Fabini will contribute (3rd tackle), Austin probably won't be active on game days
If you want upside look at the other two young tackles we have.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dallasfan said:

Exactly. Parcells probably came to the conclusion that Austin has more upside then Petitti.

And if Petitti wouldn't of been cut, he wouldn't of been active either.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Rack said:
Exactly. Parcells probably came to the conclusion that Austin has more upside then Petitti.

And if Petitti wouldn't of been cut, he wouldn't of been active either.

I didn't want Petitti at expense of Austin. I was trying to say I can atleast understand Fabini over Pettiti b/c Fabini will play an important role (3rd tackle on game day), but Austin over Green is a heard scratcher. Like I said I don't pretend to know more about football than they guys making the decisions, but I think Green has more upside (as a returner) than Austin.

sago1

Reaction score
Can't understand why we kept Kenyon Coleman & rookie WR Austin. I know Coleman started for several games until Spears beat him out but then Ratliff ended up beating Coleman out; Coleman wasn't even on the active roster thru most of the rest of the season. Don't understand what he brings to the team, unless we trying work out a trade to get a NT from someone & he's our bait. I mean it's not like we short of DEs. Jeez, Ellis could always feel in if needed.

Also why keep Austin. He did show something but I think he would have made it thru waivers (unless couple of teams called about him) and we could have put him on the PS & kept Pettiti.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dallasfan said:
I didn't want Petitti at expense of Austin. I was trying to say I can atleast understand Fabini over Pettiti b/c Fabini will play an important role (3rd tackle on game day), but Austin over Green is a heard scratcher. Like I said I don't pretend to know more about football than they guys making the decisions, but I think Green has more upside (as a returner) than Austin.
Yeah, if you told me this morning we were keeping 6 receivers my last guess would have been Austin.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think they must see a bright future in Austin to keep him as the sixth wr. He has an excellent size/speed ratio with good hands, he's just a raw talent at this point.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
I think they must see a bright future in Austin to keep him as the sixth wr. He has an excellent size/speed ratio with good hands, he's just a raw talent at this point.
That may be, but it's not like he wouldn't make it to the PS. I mean...has Boiman really looked that bad?

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
This is where I start to think Parcells tends to stay loyal to his former players. There's no way Fabini was better than Petitti, and no way he's going to last as long. Pettiti had so much potential and could have stayed on for future work.

Fabini is done and old, and Parcells seems to be blind to that.