So our 53 man roster is...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
This is where I start to think Parcells tends to stay loyal to his former players. There's no way Fabini was better than Petitti, and no way he's going to last as long. Pettiti had so much potential and could have stayed on for future work.

Fabini is done and old, and Parcells seems to be blind to that.
Did you not watch the preseason games? Though its difficult to compare LT and RT, it was clear that Fabini outplayed Petitti.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
theogt said:
That may be, but it's not like he wouldn't make it to the PS. I mean...has Boiman really looked that bad?
Have you tried coming up with a 45 active roster? Its extremely difficult to get guys like Boiman and even Singleton on the roster when guys like Burnett and Carpenter are already playing in the nickel. I also think that broken thumb done him in.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Have you tried coming up with a 45 active roster? Its extremely difficult to get guys like Boiman and even Singleton on the roster when guys like Burnett and Carpenter are already playing in the nickel. I also think that broken thumb done him in.
Neither would make the 45. The difference is that one of them can be signed to the PS.

sago1

Reaction score
I hoped Hoyte would make the team & accepted that Fowler probably would get cut as a result. I sure didn't expect both Hoyte & Fowler to make the team but not Boiman. Sure hope both Hoyte & Fowler sure a lot this season.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dallasfan said:
Austin probably won't be active on game days

Don't be so sure. Terrance Copper was active for the past 26 games just because he played a lot on special teams. If Austin sticks on the 53-man roster, he could take that special teams role. If Owens and Crayton are healthy, Hurd could be the one who is inactive unless he improves on special teams.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
just like it makes no sense to have only 3 OG's either.

Three guards was a given, especially since Gurode can play guard.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
theogt said:
Did you not watch the preseason games? Though its difficult to compare LT and RT, it was clear that Fabini outplayed Petitti.

But Petitti is a much better situation than Fabini. Many say Fabini should have retired years ago. The Jets laugh at us for signing him. And many reports out of camp said it looked like this guy was through.

At least with Pettiti we had a young player that could at least do something for us in the future.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
theogt said:
Neither would make the 45. The difference is that one of them can be signed to the PS.
:confused: Boiman wouldn't make your 45? Then there wouldn't be a reason to keep him then, he's a special teams ace.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
:confused: Boiman wouldn't make your 45? Then there wouldn't be a reason to keep him then, he's a special teams ace.
That's a silly question. Obviously you can't put everyone th 45 that's on the 53.