So Romo or bust...

NickZepp

Reaction score
No way we focus on the ground game anymore. Romo will have to carry the load.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is what i'm afraid of. And I know people will say "No all we have to do is draft a running back and a running back by committee should be fine..." but I have a feeling this team won't be patient with the run like they were with Demarco and will go more into forcing the football in Romo's hands....

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
This is what i'm afraid of. And I know people will say "No all we have to do is draft a running back and a running back by committee should be fine..." but I have a feeling this team won't be patient with the run like they were with Demarco and will go more into forcing the football in Romo's hands....
That's why I think a trade for Adrian Peterson is in the works

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We have to get a quality RB and continue the ground game. That's the only way we compete. But we'll just have to see what Jerry's next move is.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

Based on what??? I don't think the focus on the ground game will change at all. We may not have Murray, but that doesn't mean the focus will shift, we'll just have a different lead runner.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Based on history. Look at the history of our play callers and Dallas' recent history.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's why I think a trade for Adrian Peterson is in the works

Trade? That would be foolish giving up pick to get a 30 year old RB? It is one thing when the story line was Minn will release him and he will come to Dallas on the cheap end and now we have to give up a pick for him?

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Trade? That would be foolish giving up pick to get a 30 year old RB? It is one thing when the story line was Minn will release him and he will come to Dallas on the cheap end and now we have to give up a pick for him?
I'd give up a 4th if he helps get us a sb in the next 3 years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'd give up a 4th if he helps get us a sb in the next 3 years.

I don't expect Peterson is Dallas, I think that has been a bunch a hogwash from the get go. I also think giving up a pick to get an old guy is not smart. 2000 yards was not his last season he played in 2013 got 1,266 and fumbled 5 times you know the same number people here and whined about Murray. people think they are getting a AP in his prime they will get an over the hill RB who is on the downside of his career. Nothing more

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The history of our current play caller with this team is the first year he was here he ran the ball.

He did so, and did so a lot, with a runningback who had not proven he could stay healthy prior to his arrival.

Lets stop with all this nonsense about Murray.

All you people who are acting like he's some player who simply can't be replaced were barely sold on even having him be the lead back prior to last season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why? We just spent three 1st rounders and signed Free to be a power running team again. I don't see that anything has changed to warrant your post.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

get a grip.

Look, Murray was the heart. I can't imagine they will give up a winning formula. The RBS by committee will rush for 2000 yards next year, barring injury to the OL

RB starter:1300 yards
Randle: 500 yards
Dunbar/3rd back 200 yards
Romo: 3 yards :)

NickZepp

Reaction score
Romo will not stick to the run like he did with Murray. Just won't happen.