So Wade is going to rush 4 vs ATL?

Bluestang

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this one after seeing DCFANATIC's blog and it has me awfully anxious to see how this will work in our favor. Here's my thoughts:

1. Matt Ryan is a pocket passer and rarely scrambles to make a play. Against our 3-4 we have the advantage there.

2. Spencer or DWare will drop in coverage in the flats to cover passes to the flat while the other rushes the passer. Spencer must be successfull in rushing the passer when Ware drops, but I expect to see Ware rush more despite his foot fracture.

3. Whoever plays Gonazalez must have their best game Sunday (Sensabaugh if he plays). Personally I would like to see a CB covering Gonzalez if Sensabaugh doesn't make it, I just don't trust Watkins at all. But if the Falcons see that third corner they might just check into a run which means the front six must contain their gaps to stop the runner short. It's a big risk but if we can stop Ryan's go to guy it will help the starting corners quite a bit.

4. The whole defense needs to get more turnovers - they are so crucial to winning or losing games. It's great that the D forces three and out's but if opposing teams are pinning us deep in our territory this doesn't help out the offense because they get tired on long drives.

After seeing the rest of the NFC East lose their games the 'Boys should treat this game as it's the final one of the season, yea some will say that if we lose it's ok because we are early in the season still but if we come out punching ATL in the mouth everyone on this team will TRULY start believing in themselves and I won't have to push my PANIC button on this team after Sunday. (that's the deadline you set for me DallasEast, remember?)

*I just saw that when they played SF there were alot of injuries that SF had going into the game, if you look at the other teams they played they beat MIA by 12 pts, CAR by 8 pts, lost NE by 16 pts, and blew out a hurt SF team.

here's a link to SF injuries for week 5: http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=SF&week=5

bracey

Reaction score
Bluestang;3027675 said:
After seeing the rest of the NFC East lose their games the 'Boys should treat this game as it's the final one of the season

You sure you want them to do that?

Bluestang

Reaction score
bracey;3027678 said:
You sure you want them to do that?

I'm sure every player would like to have that one back, it is what it is but I strongly believe this team has a way better attitude on/off the field this yr than last.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
This is the game where Jay Ratliff needs to step up to the plate. He's been playing great this year thus far, but this is a game when he and a few other factors could decide who wins. If we rush Matt Ryan we HAVE to get to him. It's all about whether we can get to the quarterback quick enough or not.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Not only this game, but each and every one, including the ones in DECEMBER (hello Cowboys) need to be played like it is the last and final one to get to the playoffs. That is how great teams do great things.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
8FOR!3;3027717 said:
This is the game where Jay Ratliff needs to step up to the plate. He's been playing great this year thus far, but this is a game when he and a few other factors could decide who wins. If we rush Matt Ryan we HAVE to get to him. It's all about whether we can get to the quarterback quick enough or not.

I have to disagree with the Jay Ratliff comment. He has been our best d player this year and one of the best in the league. Now if you want to say that we need him to continue to be a beast then I can accept that but to imply that he has somehow been a letdown is ludicris(?).

ologan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bluestang:

" The whole defense needs to get more turnovers - they are so crucial to winning or losing games. It's great that the D forces three and out's but if opposing teams are pinning us deep in our territory this doesn't help out the offense because they get tired on long drives."

Them long drives sure help out the defense,though,and tire out the other guys in the process. Give me two or three looooong drives a game,and chances are pretty darn good we win.