So, we should have taken Merriman over Ware?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Ware has gotten better every year!

Merriman? sucks when you get busted and injured. :laugh1:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware has really blossomed, but he aint finished yet. He will get better. Scary aint it?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Merriman did have a very impressive second year (especially prior to his roids bust), but since then it has been all DWare. I think everyone knew Ware was better in all facets of the game except pass rush. He has gotten much better over the last couple of years in this regard and really seems to be coming into his own with his combination of power and speed.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Ware does not have the intensity of heart that Merriman brings. Merriman's intensity if unquestionable. I'd take Merriman in a heartbeat

:rolleyes: Man I'm being a smartace tonight.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Nope...and never thought that either.

If you go back and look at SD's scheme, they had him rushing the passer on virtually every down....we had and have Ware back in coverage....which I HATE.

MONT17

Reaction score
Forget that... im just glad they talked Parcells out of drafting Spears over Ware!!!

that was a close one!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's funny cause actually Ware and Spears are vital parts of this team from that draft. I know a lot of people don't like Spears, but he's part of this defense that pushes the middle and keeps runners from having space to do their jobs.

Ware is a special player on and off the field, and a nice guy. I can't believe someone thought that because he's so nice and soft spoken, that he could never be dominant.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2494510 said:
Ware has gotten better every year?

Merriman? sucks when you get busted and injured. :laugh1:

There is no better player in this league. If he stays healthy, he'll go down as one of the greatest LBs to ever play the game. He is a complete player and dominates.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BIGDen;2494561 said:
There is no better player in this league. If he stays healthy, he'll go down as one of the greatest LBs to ever play the game. He is a complete player and dominates.

which one? u quoted someone who talked about both :confused: