So what did Jerry accomplish?

cowboybish

Reaction score
I mean really did he accomplish anything by prolonging the new contract of CD Lamb? Could he have saved money if he signed him many months ago or even during last season? He thinks he’s a real good GM, do you? How long will he prolong and will it cost him more money to take care of Micah and Dak?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not one to defend Jerry, but you are making assumptions that we have all of the information and we most likely do not.

It could be that Lamb wanted a lot more money or more years or he wanted no-trade/no-franchise clauses in his contract.

In the end, most deals get completed because both sides compromise and that's likely what happened here.

J_Allen

Reaction score
We just don't know.

He went from almost everyone on here calling him a bust (including me) to making $34 million a year though.

Havic

Reaction score
It doesnt make sense to me to sign Lamb to a massive contract if Dak is not going to be here, especially with Lance faltering.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's done and everyone got exactly what they wanted and no side feels like they won- that's how you know it was a fair outcome

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not one to defend Jerry, but you are making assumptions that we have all of the information and we most likely do not.

It could be that Lamb wanted a lot more money or more years or he wanted no-trade/no-franchise clauses in his contract.

In the end, most deals get completed because both sides compromise and that's likely what happened here.
Curios what part of the contract do you think CD compromised on?

It was a 4 year deal, not 5.
$136M or $34M/year - 2nd highest paid.
$100M guaranteed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean really did he accomplish anything by prolonging the new contract of CD Lamb? Could he have saved money if he signed him many months ago or even during last season? He thinks he’s a real good GM, do you? How long will he prolong and will it cost him more money to take care of Micah and Dak?
I mean he didn’t get as much as Jefferson so maybe that’s his win.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
The more this happens, the more I think Jerry always plans on giving these players what they want. He just drags it along to make it seem like he had no choice to pay to them or risk losing games

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is the same old song and dance…media reports we are working on extension, cowboys use players contract situations to rationalize being inactive in offseason, extension doesn’t happen as quickly as we want, cowboys hard-line negotiate through the media, media eats it up and talks about cowboys moving on or trade scenarios, and ultimately the player gets damn near everything they want.

Literally has nearly happened with every big name negotiation the cowboys do.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Curios what part of the contract do you think CD compromised on?

It was a 4 year deal, not 5.
$136M or $34M/year - 2nd highest paid.
$100M guaranteed.
I have no idea, which was my point.

Not sure why you mentioned it was a 4 year deal, everyone knows it was a 4 year deal.

As I said, we don't have all of the details as there are many different variables in contracts that go beyond "years", "total contract amount" and "guaranteed money" that can become obstacles to completing a deal.

Sure, it may be both sides compromised on one or more of those things or it may be something completely outside of that.

Again, that's my point. We have no idea where the sticking points were for either side.

Maybe some of those will leak in the coming days, but even so, I doubt we will ever know all of them.

In the end, they both likely compromised to some degree (one side may have gotten the better deal of course) and the deal was completed.