So what did Jerry accomplish?

J_Allen

Reaction score
It doesnt make sense to me to sign Lamb to a massive contract if Dak is not going to be here, especially with Lance faltering.
If we have enough weapons on the team, offensively and defensively, we'll just need a solid quarterback and not necessarily a great one. Does anyone know who might be available next year?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gurley reset the RB market but in the opposite direction. Teams weren't really willing to pay RBs that much after that contract. I thought the Watson deal might do the same for QBs but no. At some point the QB market will equalize. Right now, receivers are getting paid and will until they don't. Dallas has control of Cee Dee for the next 6-7 years so they need to take advantage. He will be 31-32 when his contract ends so he has to perform to get that third contract anywhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean really did he accomplish anything by prolonging the new contract of CD Lamb? Could he have saved money if he signed him many months ago or even during last season? He thinks he’s a real good GM, do you? How long will he prolong and will it cost him more money to take care of Micah and Dak?
Only Jethro could do it. He said so must be true.

rambo2

Reaction score
I mean really did he accomplish anything by prolonging the new contract of CD Lamb? Could he have saved money if he signed him many months ago or even during last season? He thinks he’s a real good GM, do you? How long will he prolong and will it cost him more money to take care of Micah and Dak?
Who says he prolonged it? It takes two to tango.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I think Jerruh didn't care about Lamb getting into camp. It made Dallas a talking point for the media heads for weeks. Remember, Jerruh lives by the belief that all publicity is good publicity. He always planned to get the deal done at the end of camp and have Ceedee here to get 2 weeks of prep before the season starts.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He won millions of dollars being in the news that's all

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Who knows all the specifics behind the scenes. Maybe Ceedee wanted 3 years instead of 4, maybe he wanted the same contract as Jefferson and got a little less, maybe Jerry wanted to send a message to other players that I'm not going to just open my checkbook for your contract demands, maybe he figured he would give other receivers more work being they needed to find a #3 anyway.

Regardless its done and one less thing for fans to think about....