So, what do YOU think happens with Glover and

Woods

Reaction score
LA this off-season?

Clearly, these are the main two guys JJ/BP have to make a decision on. Ellis' contract is not especially prohibitive.

I'd like both players to stick with the Cowboys this coming season, but not with their current cap hits.

First, Glover.

Assuming Ellis stays this coming season, I'd guess Glover's main role would be rotating with Fergy (rather than also getting reps at DE spot). I think Glover is much more suited for the 4-3 than the 3-4. Ideally, I wish we could swap him with Baltimore for their young NT about to hit FA, but that's wishful thinking.

I'd guess that Glover is not going to be on the team next season (esp. if Ellis stays) unless he restructures his contract.

As for LA, my guess is that one way or another he is a Cowboy in 2006 - hopefully with a restructured contract as well.

What do you guys/gals think? Isn't a decision on these two players imminent (i.e., by March 3rd)?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
LA stays, sadly Glover goes.
I always thought that Glover should have been traded he's good but at no time have i saw him take over a game while been in dallas, he has been solid but not spectacular.....

Allen retires a boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
LA stays, sadly Glover goes.

If Glover goes, what do we get in return? Please tell me we actually get something in return.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
If Glover goes, what do we get in return? Please tell me we actually get something in return.
nothing unless we trade him for a 3rd while the new team renegoiate a new contract. that would be probably the best we can get for him

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would not be suprised to see both players released. I think age will prevent Dallas trying to restructer their contract.

Woods

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I would not be suprised to see both players released. I think age will prevent Dallas trying to restructer their contract.

The wierd thing is that if LA were let go, wouldn't we be able to make a run for Hutchinson, for example, with the saved cap room?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Woods said:
The wierd thing is that if LA were let go, wouldn't we be able to make a run for Hutchinson, for example, with the saved cap room?

I don't know about Hutchinson it appears that Seattle has every intent to get him back but I do think Dallas can still go out and get a quality player. It does pain me to say that because I do like Larry but I watch other teams across the league letting players go who are in the same situation as Larry and because of moves like that these same teams are able to keep a control over their cap. I think what scares me the most is getting back into cap hell where you really are up the creek

Grizz

Blogging The Boys
Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
About $6 million dollars to spend on two or three other need positions.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Grizz said:
About $6 million dollars to spend on two or three other need positions.

I think Dallas can squeeze a 4th rounder for Glover. Some team will want him bad enough to not want to get into a bidding war. Denver? Kansas? Baltimore?