JakeIron
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_617628", true);
Code Talker

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santheb
I'll say it again:

This team is terrible. They are really, really bad. I don't care what the records or stats say, this team sucks.

For next year:

Bring in Campbell
Bring in a new RB (are you kidding me, under 3.0 YPC)
Bring in new WRs ( moss & cooley can stay)
Bring in new DL
Bring in new secondary (taylor can stay if he avoids jail, and rogers can stay)

Get an offensive coordinator who calls plays and keep Gibbs like JoePa, another cheerleader. See you guys next week. Another win ruined by stupidity.

Anything else?

Wow! Is that all?

The Commanders will soon be contenders again!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lets see what over priced, over aged bust Danny Boy will by next.

Brave

Reaction score
Skins have now blown their season. They have lost too many games they should have won. Can't blame anyone but themselves. Not the refs. Not the breaks. They haven't done it.

HOWEVER!

They have only lost one game where they didn't have a good chance to win (Giants). Their season has been very much like the Cowboys' in that they could easily have a very good or very bad record. Dallas so far has done a better job of winning close, winable games. Nice job and congrats in that respect.

But don't go thinking that there is much separating these teams.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Brave said:
Skins have now blown their season. They have lost too many games they should have won. Can't blame anyone but themselves. Not the refs. Not the breaks. They haven't done it.

HOWEVER!

They have only lost one game where they didn't have a good chance to win (Giants). Their season has been very much like the Cowboys' in that they could easily have a very good or very bad record. Dallas so far has done a better job of winning close, winable games. Nice job and congrats in that respect.

But don't go thinking that there is much separating these teams.

Actually, there is.

Our defense is better than yours in every aspect, and we're only 11 games into a brand-new scheme. We'll only be better next season.

We're younger at LB, CB, and DL. We also have a first round pick this year, and millions of dollars in cap-space.

Brave

Reaction score
You also have an aging O-line and an aging QB (so do we). There is also some age at WR, but that is an easier area to plug in newcomers.

I do like your nice, young defense. Playing very well.

But, you may have a limited window as far as making noise in the playoffs without addressing the areas I've stated.

Of course, I don't have the blue-colored glasses on.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Brave said:
You also have an aging O-line and an aging QB (so do we). There is also some age at WR, but that is an easier area to plug in newcomers.

But, you may have a limited window as far as making noise in the playoffs without addressing the areas I've stated.

I see of noone in this forum that doesn't feel our OL needs upgraded. And I do believe our aging QB is 3? years younger than your aging QB.

Notice the off season moves BP made with our defense, and how far it has come in a short time. Blue- colored glasses not withstanding, I feel he can do the same in the next off season with the offense.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Brave said:

True about the offense, but as you said, those are areas that are easy to fill. Our QB is 33.....in today's NFL, he could possibly have another 3 or 4 years on him.

And the design of our offense is to control the clock. We already have the stable of RBs to do this. We have three young RBs, a great, young TE, and an emerging young WR.

But again, it's the defense that will really separate us from you. You win in the NFL with defense. Look at Chicago....they are 8-3 because of their defense.

Ware, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, James, Newman, Henry, and Williams. We have impact players at all levels of the defense. On top of that, we still have our first three draft picks this year (something you all don't have), and a ton of room under the cap (something you won't have without some major redos of contracts).

Bottom line, we'll have continutity on defense next year, and another round of FAs and premium draft picks to add to our defense. You all won't have that luxury.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brave said:

You will not find many that say we could not use upgrading on the line.

However the only aging or old spots on the line are at guard right now.

We have three positions (center both starter and backup) and both OTs that are young (at this time).

And with flo coming back we should have depth at the LT position ...depth with exp.

However in some requard you are correct on your other post.

Brave

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
I see of noone in this forum that doesn't feel our OL needs upgraded. And I do believe our aging QB is 3? years younger than your aging QB.

Notice the off season moves BP made with our defense, and how far it has come in a short time. Blue- colored glasses not withstanding, I feel he can do the same in the next off season with the offense.

Could be Jack. You team is in a nice position right now. With the right moves QUICKLY the sky is the limit.

My only point is that RIGHT NOW there hasn't been much separating your team and mine. To read this board at times, you'd think we were 0-11 and Dallas had already won the Super Bowl. I expect the normal bias here, but really ... it's closer than you may think (my bias included).

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brave said:
Could be Jack. You team is in a nice position right now. With the right moves QUICKLY the sky is the limit.

My only point is that RIGHT NOW there hasn't been much separating your team and mine. To read this board at times, you'd think we were 0-11 and Dallas had already won the Super Bowl. I expect the normal bias here, but really ... it's closer than you may think (my bias included).

The idea that we have had similar games of winning or losing by small margins is correct.

However with your team being 1 game under .500 and the cowboys being 2 above .500...in that area we are not similar.

Plus it must also be noted that while we won 3 straight and then lost one...how many has the skins lost in a row?

See it would seem we are going up, while the skins are going down and that is the difference at this point.

Now there are games still left to be played and anything can happen...but I see things different concerning our teams except in the one area of winning/losing by small margins.

Brave

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
See it would seem we are going up, while the skins are going down and that is the difference at this point.

Won't argue that, Paint. I would only say that there is a VERY fine line between winning and losing the games we've lost.

Right now, the Skins can't get out of their own way to win enough of those games to keep us in the running. That is the difference between playoff teams (which Dallas seems to be) and wannabees (which the Skins seem to be).

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you want, but the Skins still beat us in our house. Paybacks will be sweet however.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brave said:
Won't argue that, Paint. I would only say that there is a VERY fine line between winning and losing the games we've lost.

Right now, the Skins can't get out of their own way to win enough of those games to keep us in the running. That is the difference between playoff teams (which Dallas seems to be) and wannabees (which the Skins seem to be).

Have not read enough of your posts overall but it would seem you are level headed (and of course bias but that is part of being a fan)....so I was wondering what you think of three coaches of your team.

Joe Gibbs
Bugle and Williams.

I have only briefly read on extreme skins this year but I have seen a large number of posters talk about the idea of both Bugle and Williams seemingly deflecting the blame of their units play.

Was curious on your opinion of the matter.

Brave

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Have not read enough of your posts overall but it would seem you are level headed (and of course bias but that is part of being a fan)....so I was wondering what you think of three coaches of your team.

Joe Gibbs
Bugle and Williams.

Was curious on your opinion of the matter.

I'm a realist. You will RARELY hear me blame the refs. While we have had some crucial, bad calls, every game the Skins have lost this year we have done two things: turn the ball over and not score in the red zone. When that's the case, you won't hear me whining about the refs (like a lot of my fellow fans admittedly have done.)

As to the coaches. I was happy when Gibbs came back and (somewhat) re-formed his old staff. But I had a different view than a lot of other Skin fans. I wasn't looking for a Super Bowl in 3 years. I was looking for Gibbs and Co. to restore some pride and competitiveness to an organization that had been a circus for over a decade.

And you know what? He is doing OK with that. I'm not thrilled with him sending in tapes of bad calls every other week. But the Skins are closer to being a playoff team than they were under Spurrier,even if they end up with a similar record.

They certainly have a few more steps to take. Mostly intangibles in my opinion ... knowing how to put teams away. Win close games. Minimize mistakes at crucial times. The difference between winning and losing, basically.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Brave said:
I'm a realist. You will RARELY hear me blame the refs. While we have had some crucial, bad calls, every game the Skins have lost this year we have done two things: turn the ball over and not score in the red zone. When that's the case, you won't hear me whining about the refs (like a lot of my fellow fans admittedly have done.)

As to the coaches. I was happy when Gibbs came back and (somewhat) re-formed his old staff. But I had a different view than a lot of other Skin fans. I wasn't looking for a Super Bowl in 3 years. I was looking for Gibbs and Co. to restore some pride and competitiveness to an organization that had been a circus for over a decade.

And you know what? He is doing OK with that. I'm not thrilled with him sending in tapes of bad calls every other week. But the Skins are closer to being a playoff team than they were under Spurrier,even if they end up with a similar record.

They certainly have a few more steps to take. Mostly intangibles in my opinion ... knowing how to put teams away. Win close games. Minimize mistakes at crucial times. The difference between winning and losing, basically.

Good points Brave. I think Moss, Portis, and Cooley are real bright spots for Washington on offense, as Marcus Washington, Taylor, Marshall, and Griffin are on defense. I do believe that Jansen and Samuels are either having very sub-par seasons or they have been a bit overrated in recent times, or a bit of both. I think one of your team's biggest needs will be finding a dependable 2nd receiver, don't you agree (don't know about Patten being that guy, even before going on IR) ?

Brave

Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
I think one of your team's biggest needs will be finding a dependable 2nd receiver, don't you agree (don't know about Patten being that guy, even before going on IR) ?

Yes, depth at WR is a problem right now. If not for Cooley being a weapon in the passing game, the offense would really be suspect.

Patten may be done as a Skin. He's a bust.

Taylor Jacobs has never been healthy. No one knows what he can do.

Royal (other TE) couldn't catch a cold at a germ convention.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Brave said:
Yes, depth at WR is a problem right now. If not for Cooley being a weapon in the passing game, the offense would really be suspect.

Patten may be done as a Skin. He's a bust.

Taylor Jacobs has never been healthy. No one knows what he can do.

Royal (other TE) couldn't catch a cold at a germ convention.

Peerless will be available in a few weeks. :D