So when and where is BP going to talk?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I'd like to listen to him but don't know where to go...help me out, Zoners?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
I believe the PC is at 4:30PM today

Thanks...any word on where I can see/hear it? NFL network? Or should I just go to the team website?

superpunk

Reaction score
Team website says 4 pm central. They'll be braodcasting it through real player, I'd guess

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
I think those that dont care what Parcells has to say shouldnt listen.

Well I expect that they won't! What about those who are interested in what Parcells has to say, but don't want to listen to the media piss and moan about Eldorado?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Do we as the fans get a update on how the rookies doing in mini camp, because this is the closes we going to get to training until July...:star:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
I think those that dont care what Parcells has to say shouldnt listen.

BINGO!

Since there is such an overwhelming number of people who "don't care" what Parcells has to say, I'm going to be shocked if anyone even listens or posts in the threads that recap his news conference.

Fact is, we all want to know.

His Sirius Radio interview this morning was interesting, I thought. He mentioned the fact that Owens' NFL career has been exclusively in the WCO and that they will have to work with him specificially on the playbook. When he mentioned his free safety candidates, he listed Coleman, Watkins and Beriault ... leaving out Davis. He talked about how the second tight end creates matchup problems.

But the vast majority of the board could care a less, apparently. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief said:
BINGO!

Since there is such an overwhelming number of people who "don't care" what Parcells has to say, I'm going to be shocked if anyone even listens or posts in the threads that recap his news conference.

His Sirius Radio interview this morning was interesting, I thought. He mentioned the fact that Owens' NFL career has been exclusively in the WCO and that they will have to work with him specificially on the playbook. When he mentioned his free safety candidates, he listed Coleman, Watkins and Beriault ... leaving out Davis. He talked about how the second tight end creates matchup problems.

Not the case at least for myself. I'm always interested in what Bill has to say but I don't have a problem during the off-season if Bill is not talking with the media. He will address them soon enough until then why should this be an issue? It is not hurting the team

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Chief said:
BINGO!

Yeah... apparently, what everyone means is that they don't want the media stirring up S*** with Parcells just because he chooses to not to address the media. They (the media) are being a little immature with some of their antics in trying to goad Bill into talking. That, I think, has pissed off a lot of fans who think Parcells should be left alone to address things when he thinks its appropriate... not when the media wants him to.

IMO, they do want to hear Bill talk... but not because the media thinks its time. I personally don't think that there is a problem between Bill and Jerry because Parcells hasn't talked to the media... and I'm a little tired of the media throwing a fit trying to get him to talk. I'd rather not hear Bill talk than have him give in to the relentless pressure the media is putting on him.

Still, we're all fans, and with everything else being equal, we'd like to hear what Parcells has to say about things. It just isn't a big deal though and it certainly isn't indicative of problems within the organization that Bill hasn't spoken.

JMO

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JMO, but it's not that people don't want to hear what BP has to say. We all hang on his every word, since he is the HC of this organization. It's just that since it was obvious he wasn't going to say anything, find another method to get your story or work the bushes for another story. May make the job harder, but work around it. People do it all the time, when something doesn't work in the traditional sense. May be annoying, but you work around it. Spags has done it.

And what's annoying to many on here is the continuous shrill from reporters about the fact the fact that he hasn't spoken. Ok we get it. He hasn't spoken, u hate it, it sucks, now move on. It's a story that's grown stale.

BP not talking may have been a story about two months ago, but in the ensuing two months, I'm sure there were quite a few other stories that could've been written. That way, BP not speaking after the draft would be more significant and less annoying to hear, because it WAS something different than what he's done in the past. But unfortunately what we got throughout those two months are variations of how Parcells hasn't spoken.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
...the continuous shrill from reporters about the fact the fact that he hasn't spoken. Ok we get it. He hasn't spoken, u hate it, it sucks, now move on. It's a story that's grown stale.

Excellent.
It's so old. It's dead and stinky and still has life. How can this be???. I've never seen anything like it.
I can't wait to read the aftermath. Should be something special (sarcasm).

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Chief said:
BINGO!

No vast majority could care less whether BP himself has to appease the masses about TO and come and say he was on board with TO signings.

Everyone would like to hear his thoughts on most other stuff BP has to say. Big difference. Lets not make this about people not caring to hear from BP at all.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
No vast majority could care less whether BP himself has to appease the masses about TO and come and say he was on board with TO signings.

Everyone would like to hear his thoughts on most other stuff BP has to say. Big difference. Lets not make this about people not caring to hear from BP at all.

Nope, not according to this poll:

Does it bother you that BP hasn't addressed the media this offseason?
Yes! I think he should be there at every FA signing and talk about every draft pick!
Nope. I can care less. I already have more then enough info about our FA signings and draft picks.

Tired of the media complaining is one thing.

But a lot of people are saying they "dont' care" what Parcells has to say and that they have "more than enough info ...."

Let the backtracking begin.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Chief said:
Nope, not according to this poll:

Does it bother you that BP hasn't addressed the media this offseason?
Yes! I think he should be there at every FA signing and talk about every draft pick!
Nope. I can care less. I already have more then enough info about our FA signings and draft picks.

Tired of the media complaining is one thing.

But a lot of people are saying they "dont' care" what Parcells has to say and that they have "more than enough info ...."

Let the backtracking begin.
Do I really have to explain this one?

What were the other options on this poll? Where does it say 'I love to hear what he says, but I don't feel he is obligated to do so.'

Unless there are other options on that poll, it creates the results you want, not the correct ones, and you know it.

The fact is, everyone loves to hear from Parcells, but most of us don't feel that he is obligated to go to the media and provide soundbites.

Your first post on the subject was very good and interesting, especially since you are a media member yourself.

But ever since you seem to ignore what everyone is saying - that we DO want to HEAR what he says, but we DON"T feel he is OBLIGATED to say it or give Press Conferences, just that we like it when he does.

The word agenda is going to get thrown out here pretty soon, Chief.

EDIT: Apparently, you agree with me that the poll is poorly produced. http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=858721&postcount=14