So when and where is BP going to talk?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Chief said:
Nope, not according to this poll:

Does it bother you that BP hasn't addressed the media this offseason?
Yes! I think he should be there at every FA signing and talk about every draft pick!
Nope. I can care less. I already have more then enough info about our FA signings and draft picks.

Tired of the media complaining is one thing.

But a lot of people are saying they "dont' care" what Parcells has to say and that they have "more than enough info ...."

Let the backtracking begin.

Come on, please, thats major spinning there. Most in that thread said they would like to hear from BP but really don't care about TO deal or him saying something about TO specifically only. Where there few people who said that they don't care at all if BP talks or not on anything? I think so.

But to now say thats its the majority, thats really stretching it big time. Besides like the options in Poll were really not clear or didn't break down well enough to interpret it properly.

EDIT: Well I just saw link to what Crown Royal put, in what you had to say. Seems like we agree there. So I am scratching my head about your post now

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Chief said:
BINGO!

Since there is such an overwhelming number of people who "don't care" what Parcells has to say, I'm going to be shocked if anyone even listens or posts in the threads that recap his news conference.

Fact is, we all want to know.

His Sirius Radio interview this morning was interesting, I thought. He mentioned the fact that Owens' NFL career has been exclusively in the WCO and that they will have to work with him specificially on the playbook. When he mentioned his free safety candidates, he listed Coleman, Watkins and Beriault ... leaving out Davis. He talked about how the second tight end creates matchup problems.

But the vast majority of the board could care a less, apparently. :rolleyes:

And what exactly did Parcells say that you didn't already know? Are you stunned that Owens played for SF and Philly and they both ran WCOs? Did Ireland, Jones, Jones..... not sufficiently explain what they had hoped to do with Fasano? Did you not see Davis replaced by a street free agent last season?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'd like to know what he's thinking just because he's the head coach and the word really isn't official until he says it.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Chief said:
Nope, not according to this poll:

Yes! I think he should be there at every FA signing and talk about every draft pick!
Nope. I can care less. I already have more then enough info about our FA signings and draft picks.

Tired of the media complaining is one thing.

But a lot of people are saying they "dont' care" what Parcells has to say and that they have "more than enough info ...."

Let the backtracking begin.

That's a classic false dichotomy you have there Chief.

It's clear that the media and a few fans such as yourself are completely consumed with the idea that Big Bill is not "on board with the TO signing" and that this is indicative of a rift between Parcells and Jerry, and that things are "going back to how they were" etc etc.

Look if that's the case, then complain about it in a year when the Parcells era is over. But there's a lot of football to talk about in the meantime and 99% of the fans (and 10% of the media) are much more interested in hearing about how the Cowboys are gonna play football in the upcoming season.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
:)

Rack's poll didn't have an option for me and I posted that. That's why I didn't vote. The two options were extreme, and I'm somewhere in the middle. I would like to hear from Parcells on major free agent signings and at the draft, but I don't think it's necessary for him to pop up at every signing.

All I'm saying is a lot of people blatantly said that they don't care what Parcells has to say, which obviously isn't true. We all care.

They have a problem with Jennifer and Galloway and Hansen, etc., and that's OK and, for the most part, understandable.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
That's a classic false dichotomy you have there Chief.

It's clear that the media and a few fans such as yourself are completely consumed with the idea that Big Bill is not "on board with the TO signing" and that this is indicative of a rift between Parcells and Jerry, and that things are "going back to how they were" etc etc.

Look if that's the case, then complain about it in a year when the Parcells era is over. But there's a lot of football to talk about in the meantime and 99% of the fans (and 10% of the media) are much more interested in hearing about how the Cowboys are gonna play football in the upcoming season.

I don't think there's a rift between Jerry and Parcells.

It's my opinion that Parcells had to be talked into getting Owens and I'm not convinced he was totally on board with it. I think it probably took some coaxing. Just my opinion. Laufenberg may have some decent information, I don't know.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
And what exactly did Parcells say that you didn't already know? Are you stunned that Owens played for SF and Philly and they both ran WCOs? Did Ireland, Jones, Jones..... not sufficiently explain what they had hoped to do with Fasano? Did you not see Davis replaced by a street free agent last season?

No, apparently I'm not as smart as you, Stanley. :laugh2:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
D
Your first post on the subject was very good and interesting, especially since you are a media member yourself.

You should have said so then. I would have stopped while I was ahead. :)

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
I'd like to know what he's thinking just because he's the head coach and the word really isn't official until he says it.

When I hear it from the owner and GM, I pretty much take that as official :)

burmafrd

Reaction score
The poll needed a third choice- but most went with the one that came closest to what they wanted- which was for the MEDIA to SHUT UP.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief said:
:)

Rack's poll didn't have an option for me and I posted that. That's why I didn't vote. The two options were extreme, and I'm somewhere in the middle. I would like to hear from Parcells on major free agent signings and at the draft, but I don't think it's necessary for him to pop up at every signing.

All I'm saying is a lot of people blatantly said that they don't care what Parcells has to say, which obviously isn't true. We all care.

They have a problem with Jennifer and Galloway and Hansen, etc., and that's OK and, for the most part, understandable.

Kinda fiesty today Chief.

Cinco De Mayo?

;)

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Chief said:

That's an asinine poll. Most people with common sense are going to be somewhere in between the two extremes. Yes, it would have been nice to hear from Bill a couple of times but saying he HAS to be present at EVERY Cowboys occurence is a bit draconian.