So which Cowboy is going to cut Polomalu's hair?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I hate watching Steeler games because all I ever see is that hair running all over the place and having the announcers spew their man love for him.

Is he a good player, yeah, but he is really seen mostly only because of his hair.

I would love to see TO beat him for a TD and then pull out imaginary scissors and cut the hair.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I wonder if Polumbo is like Samson......if you cut his hair does he turn into Roy?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Biggems;2458351 said:
I wonder if Polumbo is like Samson......if you cut his hair does he turn into Roy?

hehehe, well Roy did start to collapse after he started to lose his hair so you might be on to something.

Cwat81

Reaction score
ah that would be good. Too bad the no fun league would call a 15 yrd taunting penalty.

I could of sworn I seen him running back a pick last sunday when a tackler grabbed his hair to reel him in.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be funny if TO stashed a dreadlock wig behind the goalpost, scored a TD, took off his helmet, put on the wig, then laid on the ground to make a snow angel. I know that's about 5 flags, but it would be funny as hell.:laugh2:

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2458349 said:
I hate watching Steeler games because all I ever see is that hair running all over the place and having the announcers spew their man love for him.

Is he a good player, yeah, but he is really seen mostly only because of his hair.

I would love to see TO beat him for a TD and then pull out imaginary scissors and cut the hair.

I dont think you are giving him enough credit, He is a GREAT player, probably one of the top 5 defensive players in the N.F.L., definately top 10.

Does his hair draw attention? yea maybe so
But its definately not the reason why he gets alot of attention

Now with all of that said, I would love to see him get burned by someone on Sunday! This is a Huge game

Big D

Reaction score
Polomalu is a liability in coverage much like Roy Williams.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2458388 said:
Be funny if TO stashed a dreadlock wig behind the goalpost, scored a TD, took off his helmet, put on the wig, then laid on the ground to make a snow angel. I know that's about 5 flags, but it would be funny as hell.:laugh2:

If it's late in the 4th and we're up by 3 TDs, I would hope he would do it. :laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
wesleyc288;2458411 said:
I dont think you are giving him enough credit, He is a GREAT player, probably one of the top 5 defensive players in the N.F.L., definately top 10.

Does his hair draw attention? yea maybe so
But its definately not the reason why he gets alot of attention

Now with all of that said, I would love to see him get burned by someone on Sunday! This is a Huge game

I agree with your take. I mean, does MB3 get more attention because of his hair? I don't think so. It's his punishing running style.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Big D;2458508 said:
Polomalu is a liability in coverage much like Roy Williams.

Not really. Somehow Troy developed a reputation as a poor coverage man and I'm not exactly sure how that came about. He's not used as a traditional safety - Troy lines up all over the field. He'll line up on the defensive line, as a linebacker, etc. His speed allows him to recover and he certainly isn't a liability in coverage. Is that what he makes his living on? Nah, but it doesn't hurt the team either. There's a reason he leads the league in INT's - he's often in the right spot when needed.

Big D

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458566 said:
Not really. Somehow Troy developed a reputation as a poor coverage man and I'm not exactly sure how that came about. He's not used as a traditional safety - Troy lines up all over the field. He'll line up on the defensive line, as a linebacker, etc. His speed allows him to recover and he certainly isn't a liability in coverage. Is that what he makes his living on? Nah, but it doesn't hurt the team either. There's a reason he leads the league in INT's - he's often in the right spot when needed.

Funny the same could've been said of one Roy Williams before we started having cb issues.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458566 said:

...and with that being said, I would really like to see TP matched up against Witten or Bennett in pass coverage.

I've watched TP play quite a bit, and I think he's a top notch player in the NFL, but that matchup favors the Cowboys.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Big D;2458574 said:
Funny the same could've been said of one Roy Williams before we started having cb issues.

I don't think Roy Williams has nearly the recovery speed of Troy. And yeah, any safety looks a little worse when his supporting cast is struggling. Not much they can do about that. Like I said, however, Troy doesn't really play like a safety at all.

I'd also agree that Troy probably would have a little trouble with Witten. Most do. That's not his job nor is it the type of defense the Steelers run. Troy would hold his own - he's always done well against Gates, Heap, Clark, Winslow, etc. I'd take Witten over the lot of them, but still, Troy faces his share of quality TE's.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like his hair.

I will say this about Polamalu, that INT he had a couple of weeks ago is the play of the year.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
For those that may have wondered, Troy did get tackled by his hair before. Larry Johnson pulled him down by his hair during an INT return. He didn't get a penalty for this, as hair is deemed part of the uniform and worn at the players risk, but Johnson did get a 15-yard penalty for holding on to his hair after the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVO93amUv7Y

Eskimo

Reaction score
TP plays with alot of intensity but he is clearly a downhill player with some of the same deficiencies as RW. If RW played with the same intensity he showed his first few years in the league, his deficiencies would also be overlooked here.

Big D

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458584 said:
I don't think Roy Williams has nearly the recovery speed of Troy. And yeah, any safety looks a little worse when his supporting cast is struggling. Not much they can do about that. Like I said, however, Troy doesn't really play like a safety at all.

I'd also agree that Troy probably would have a little trouble with Witten. Most do. That's not his job nor is it the type of defense the Steelers run. Troy would hold his own - he's always done well against Gates, Heap, Clark, Winslow, etc. I'd take Witten over the lot of them, but still, Troy faces his share of quality TE's.

I agree that RW's speed does not match TP but he's been able to make plays none the less. Troy is a very good player I will admit but the guy on your team that I worry most about is Hines Ward.

DWaremvp08

Reaction score
Eskimo;2458593 said:
TP plays with alot of intensity but he is clearly a downhill player with some of the same deficiencies as RW. If RW played with the same intensity he showed his first few years in the league, his deficiencies would also be overlooked here.

This is an absurd comment. Polamalu has the most interceptions in the NFL and something like 18 passes defensed.

Rudy

Reaction score
Big D;2458574 said:

You sure?? Cause I thought Mario Edwards and Derek Ross were starting CBs at the beginning of Roy's career.