So Who Is the LBer We Are Going After Tonight?...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Woods said:
Cbz,
Has he played any LB with the Lions? I was looking at his stats, they seem to be more of a DE . . . . and he's listed as a DE as well.
I don't know Mr Woods if he's played LB or not......I simply liked his size...6'5".:)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
I've been a fan of Taylor since his VT days (no surprise)

Why is Crennel not trying to re-sign him, does anyone know?

I know it's the old Mick question, but it's a good one, since the guy had decent stats last year and is a pretty good athlete.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
Last year was his first year back, and it was a very average year at that.

New defense, plus recovery time = Average year. The guy has major talent.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Peterson played this past year without major injury. The achilles was 2 years ago.

The 5 or so 9ers games I saw, he didn't have the same burst. I think that might come back though.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
The 5 or so 9ers games I saw, he didn't have the same burst. I think that might come back though.

Yeah, there's kind of a red flag with me why the Niners are letting him go. They have a ton of cap space, they run a 3-4 and they desperately need playmakers on defense.

tiller77

Reaction score
I would like it if we added Ben Taylor as well good quality at a good price

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm guessing we'll be signing guys like the Anthony Henry pick....
there were bigger names out there but we liked the guy that wasn't top tier but very good and didn't cost top dollar.
I like Ayodele but I don't get any indications that he might be on our hit list. Same for Witherspoon. Doubtful on Peterson also and he's too pricey with a serious injury in recent history.
I think McGinnest is a high probability. Maybe Bart too....

hendog

Reaction score
Mcginest would be a coach on the field not just an assett as a player. Someone with his experience in the 3/4 is exactly what we need. Someone to make sure everyone is lined up right and someone to mentor Bobby C as well.:D

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Z-Man said:
Last year was his first year back, and it was a very average year at that.

McGinest is what I think. I wouldn't mind Witherspoon. He is a little undersized but could play outside and is fast.

jps_tex

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
its gonna be McGinest as he is one of those "Parcells Guys" i bet

My opinion is that it's NOT McGinest because Dan Campbell said will will be going for a LB as one of our 1st moves. Well, if it was McGinest they could have gotten him this afternoon because he was realeased.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Kalimba has some off the field stuff I believe.

DUI/Resisting arrest or something like that.

Played a little DE/LB in college.

Thought I had the perfect guy opposite Ware until I found out about his issues a few months ago.

Thank you Sir for the info...;)

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
jps_tex said:
My opinion is that it's NOT McGinest because Dan Campbell said will will be going for a LB as one of our 1st moves. Well, if it was McGinest they could have gotten him this afternoon because he was realeased.

Good point.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Yeah, there's kind of a red flag with me why the Niners are letting him go. They have a ton of cap space, they run a 3-4 and they desperately need playmakers on defense.

Same reason they have been letting everyone else go over the last couple years, they have become cheap.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
KingTuna said:
Willie Mcginest!

Mcginest, Law, Malloy, Robertson, Mawae, Sowell, Vinateri, Fabani....so many former jets and pats to choose from, Parcells will feel like a kid in a candy store the next few weeks! :laugh1: